A billion apps...in 9 months

Talk about anything related to iphones or ipod touch
Forum rules
Do not link to iphone/ipod touch restoration files unless its an official Apple link. No hacked firmwares allowed so DO NOT ASK FOR THEM OR POST LINKS TO THEM.
BobSeager
Ally of Robinhood
Ally of Robinhood

A billion apps...in 9 months

Post by BobSeager »

That's downloads and not exclusively purchases but, that number is staggering. I don't know the lifetime sales of the best selling consoles ever, but I have to think this is probably close to if not more than all consoles combined. Wasn't the ps2 at like 140 million lifetime? And this is NINE MONTHS!?!?!?

Of course, these are mostly crappy little applications (see the 3 people on my floor in the office who think fart apps and to-do lists are the greatest things ever). So that means the numbers aren't really comparable, still tho...a billion...9 months...$25 billion in revenue.

Maybe they can use that money to have less dropped calls...

The one billionth app, Bump created by Bump Technologies, was downloaded by Connor Mulcahey, age 13, of Weston, CT. As the grand prize winner of Apple’s one billion app countdown contest, Connor will receive a $10,000 iTunes gift card, an iPod touch, a Time Capsule and a MacBook Pro.
technoe
Ally of Robinhood
Ally of Robinhood

Re: A billion apps...in 9 months

Post by technoe »

That kid obviously don't need it if his Parents bought him an iPhone.!!!! :evil: :evil: :evil:
Today Money, Tomorrow the WORLD!!
iamwatt
Ally of Robinhood
Ally of Robinhood

Re: A billion apps...in 9 months

Post by iamwatt »

it was probably a touch. . . lot of kids get those

Return to “General Discussion”