Google Voice

Talk about anything related to iphones or ipod touch
Forum rules
Do not link to iphone/ipod touch restoration files unless its an official Apple link. No hacked firmwares allowed so DO NOT ASK FOR THEM OR POST LINKS TO THEM.
BobSeager
Ally of Robinhood
Ally of Robinhood

Google Voice

Post by BobSeager »

I signed up for a free service called GrandCentral about two years ago. Since then I sort of forgot about it. The premise was: one phone number for all your phones. They would assign you a number and then you could use their web interface to have it setup so that when people call that number it can ring any number of phones you add to your list. So when people call your GC number, your cell, your house, etc will ring.

You can also isolate the calls in the same fashion so only certain phones ring, or only certain phones ring when certain people call. Highly customizable. It also translates your voicemail to text, records conversations to its server and allows you to send SMS for free.

I sort of forgot about the program after awhile and now, I found out that Google bought it and turned it into Google Voice. The same core features remain. I can also use it much in the way MCleaner works on the iPhone. I can screen calls, block certain callers, block ALL 800 numbers, lots of fun.

It's a closed BETA right now but GC users are able to use it. It is supposed to be launched soon.

Return to “General Discussion”