T-mobile signal issue

Topics that are specific to iphones go hear.
Forum rules
Do not link to iphone/ipod touch restoration files unless its an official Apple link. No hacked firmwares allowed so DO NOT ASK FOR THEM.
yginesta
Bandit
Bandit

T-mobile signal issue

Post by yginesta »

I had an iPhone that I let a person change the case and when I went to pick it up the guy had it all apart and he told me that it was messed up. I knew my phone was working fine and he did a shit job. Long story short don't take the iPhone to someone that does not know what they are doing.

After taking it apart and putting it back together a few times I got pretty good. I took everything apart and placed everything in. When I turn it on everything works fine. I jail broke it with blackra1n and unlocked it.

When I placed my SIM card in from T-mobile the signal is through the floor when it was fine before. It changes from No Service to not even a bar.

Any suggestions on this.
BobSeager
Ally of Robinhood
Ally of Robinhood

Re: T-mobile signal issue

Post by BobSeager »

Not really sure man...I've never taken my 1st gen apart its running t-mobile and has better reception than my breathren who run at&t...

All i can think of is maybe the antenna was moved...I suspect Apple designed the phone in a very mechanistic manner in which the internals cannot be moved very much at all before you run into problems...I mean, it almost has to be related to the taking of the device apart right? But, you sound like you know what youre doing with the internals so I am not really sure what to suggest other than keep that suckers guts in the right place.......
yginesta
Bandit
Bandit

Re: T-mobile signal issue

Post by yginesta »

I ended up selling the phone for $210. I bought a 3GS last weekend. I could not figure it out. I took the entire thing apart and could not figure out what was wrong. Everything looked fine, so I took it to a local phone shop specializing in iPhones and they could not figure it out.

Thanks for the reply.

Return to “iphone specific”