Jailbreak iPod (1st Gen)

Topics that are specific to iphones go hear.
Forum rules
Do not link to iphone/ipod touch restoration files unless its an official Apple link. No hacked firmwares allowed so DO NOT ASK FOR THEM.
HaGGardSmurf
Ally of Robinhood
Ally of Robinhood

Jailbreak iPod (1st Gen)

Post by HaGGardSmurf »

Alright, well I bought my mom a white 16 gb iPhone 3gs for christmas, I couldnt wrap it or anything because I needed to activate it for her, so she would have no phone for a month so I just gave it to her. Anyways, now she is all about app's and there are loads of multiplayer apps in the app store, but most tell me my iPod is not compatible, so I guess its time to update my FW.

Any help on updating and jailbreaking 3.x (I dont even know what the current FW is :P)
dalecheesy
Ally of Robinhood
Ally of Robinhood

Re: Jailbreak iPod (1st Gen)

Post by dalecheesy »

If its updated to 3.1.2 blackra1n will be the bestestest program to use but it's tethered so if she's out n about and it conks out of battery she'll have to wait until she can get to the pc again to use blackra1n to reboot it. Still thinking about doing mine but i don't like the tethered idea so i'm hanging back for a bit. Mind i'll probably get bored and put it on tommorrow like :D :D
HaGGardSmurf
Ally of Robinhood
Ally of Robinhood

Post by HaGGardSmurf »

haha she doesnt want hers jailbroken I want to update mine :P

Is there any untethered solutions for a first gen iPod?
dalecheesy
Ally of Robinhood
Ally of Robinhood

Post by dalecheesy »

Depends on which firmware is on it hs. if its below 3.2.1 i think you can use pwnage tool for mac or one of the older snows for windows (yellow or red or another colour snow :oops: ) Iamwatt will be the guy to see for this though.
HaGGardSmurf
Ally of Robinhood
Ally of Robinhood

Post by HaGGardSmurf »

Turns out I read wrong, and 3.1.2 is available on my iPod.

Will 3.2.0 be pwnable/sn0wable? Or would I need to go to an older FW? I'd like to be as updated as possible so more app's work on my Pod.
dalecheesy
Ally of Robinhood
Ally of Robinhood

Post by dalecheesy »

Latest one is 3.1.2 (ooops got muddle up and put the 2 and the 1 back to front lol) so you'll have the latest firmware at this present time which blackra1n is capable of jailbreaking
HaGGardSmurf
Ally of Robinhood
Ally of Robinhood

Post by HaGGardSmurf »

I found this:
1. Make sure you are on an OFFICIAL Apple stock 3.1, 3.1.1 or 3.1.2 firmware;
2. Connect your iDevice to your pc using the USB cable;
3. Go to http://www.blackra1n.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; and download the blackra1n application by clicking on the little windows icon below the website;
3. Make sure you have iTunes open and then start blackra1n.exe on your pc by pressing 'make it ra!n';
4. It will say 'entering recovery' and the image from http://www.blackra1n.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; will appear on your iDevice. Wait for it to reboot automatically;
5. Open the blackra1n app on your device and install Cydia OR Icy OR Rock (I prefer cydia);
7. Congratulations.

By the way, for iPod touch 3G, the jailbreak is TETHERED. Not full jailbreak. Also the tethered jailbreak only works on iPod touch 3G 32GB and 64GB models. The updated/new 3G/2.5G iPod touch 8GB cannot be jailbroken at this point.

For iPod touch 3G users (from geohot's twitter):
Quote:
@JesseKuz for ipt3g, you have to run it twice. once to jailbreak and once to boot. #blackra1n44 minutes ago from web in reply to JesseKuz
So I assume it would be untethered for me? Also, i'm assuming cydia is still the best?
HaGGardSmurf
Ally of Robinhood
Ally of Robinhood

Post by HaGGardSmurf »

Well I'm on 3.1.2 jailbroken with blackrain, it was almost too easy to be true...
dalecheesy
Ally of Robinhood
Ally of Robinhood

Post by dalecheesy »

Yeah it's a doddle but i've got a new 3gs and don't like the thought of running it tethered :( Might bite the bullet though coz i think Cydia is calling me :D Been installing loads of apps through Cydia on the touch i got cheap and it rocks...Hmmm made my mind up i'm gonna do me new iphone in the morning.
HaGGardSmurf
Ally of Robinhood
Ally of Robinhood

Post by HaGGardSmurf »

Ugh, for whatever reason I cant see my iPod on win 7... I jailbroke on 32 bit xp and it worked like a charm, now its being a pain in the ass...

Edit: A restart did the trick...

God damn monopoly is fun on the iPod.

Return to “iphone specific”