just upgraded to 3.1.3. :(

Topics that are specific to iphones go hear.
Forum rules
Do not link to iphone/ipod touch restoration files unless its an official Apple link. No hacked firmwares allowed so DO NOT ASK FOR THEM.
GRASSASS
Board Warrior
Board Warrior

just upgraded to 3.1.3. :(

Post by GRASSASS »

well i just bought a 2G 8GB very very nice (i havent a clue wot the 3g does that this doesnt for "loads" more dosh) ,
anyway in my eagerness to play with it i plugged it into pc and let it update to 3.1.3 from 3.1.2 now when trying to use snowbreeze it gives me a "success" in green but then asks if its been "hacked" before ? i dont know ? havent a clue and i have to go into vmu mode wich i did try but ???????.
this is my first one, but while trying to jailbrake using snowbreeze i killed it twice luckily i had a backup with itunes :P
i sussed out how to put apps on in itunes but they dont finish installing ? i reckon it didnt do it ?
in my reading i read i have to downgrade to 3.1.2 (damn) in order to jailbrake before using snowbreeze but its bits from here and there and im not sure so im hoping some1 can put me right :D
if i have to downgrde is it just like doing a backup but choosing the 3.1.2 oficial fw ?
a flashing frenzy huh huh
HaGGardSmurf
Ally of Robinhood
Ally of Robinhood

Re: just upgraded to 3.1.3. :(

Post by HaGGardSmurf »

To downgrade, just shift click the restore button, and navigate to 3.1.2 then it will restore your ipod to 3.1.2

I didnt know 3.1.3 was jail breakable? I'll probably wait until a good portion of app's tell me I cant download them before I go updating.

As for 3g, it only effects internet speed, if you use wifi that's faster than 3g anyways.
GRASSASS
Board Warrior
Board Warrior

Post by GRASSASS »

cheers buddy :D
its an iphone ;)
HaGGardSmurf
Ally of Robinhood
Ally of Robinhood

Post by HaGGardSmurf »

iPod's and iPhones are both restored the same way :P

Theyre actually SO close to the same its unreal.
GRASSASS
Board Warrior
Board Warrior

Post by GRASSASS »

it just wont bloody do it ?
iv tried to restore it to 3.1.2 (got the file) i have even taken all the backup data from itunes bkup folder so there was nothing there hopeing it would ask for the fw file...but no ? :roll:
do i need to put the 3.1.2 in the bkup folder ?
could do with some help here :cry:
after_burners
Bandit
Bandit

Post by after_burners »

try using pwnage
BORN BRITISH, WELSH BY THE GRACE OF GOD
after_burners
Bandit
Bandit

Post by after_burners »

u can also try redsnow or snowbreeze
BORN BRITISH, WELSH BY THE GRACE OF GOD
GRASSASS
Board Warrior
Board Warrior

Post by GRASSASS »

i got it done from 3.1.3 to 3.1.3 cfw i had to use ireb to reset something ? then i used snowbreeze and after a week its done thanks for the advice guys :D :D :D
strange that my iphone2G wouldnt flash outright i assume it had something to do with the update to ofw 3.1.3 (silly mistake)

Return to “iphone specific”