How do you get an iPhone

Topics that are specific to iphones go hear.
Forum rules
Do not link to iphone/ipod touch restoration files unless its an official Apple link. No hacked firmwares allowed so DO NOT ASK FOR THEM.
munusumi
Peasant
Peasant

How do you get an iPhone

Post by munusumi »

How do you get an iPhone without having to pay extra because your contract isn't up? I want to get an iPhone this month but my contract won't be up until December.. How do I get an iPhone without having to pay a lot extra because my contract isn't up?
Last edited by munusumi on Fri Oct 22, 2010 2:19 am, edited 1 time in total.
CoFree
Robinhood
Robinhood

Re: How do you get an iPhone

Post by CoFree »

i have no idea
other than just buy one
if you are trying to find a way to get one at a discounted price
i dont know.
"FIGHTING TYRANNY in a TECHNOLOGICAL NOTTINGHAM"
No Questions by PM.
HaGGardSmurf
Ally of Robinhood
Ally of Robinhood

Re: How do you get an iPhone

Post by HaGGardSmurf »

Its called upgrading. Carrier's like to upgrade people before their contract ends that way they have another guarentee'd thousand dollars or w.e your contract will amount to over your contract length.

Most carriers up here will allow you to upgrade if your contract will be ending in the next 6 months. If you barter with them a bit and threaten to switch provider's when your contract expires (because another carrier has better phones) they'll usually get you to resign a contract which will let you buy the phone for the upgrade price (which is usually free).

All you really need to do is go to your carrier and tell them you want to resign/upgrade and they should say thats fine especially since your on your last couple months.

Return to “iphone specific”