iRinger

Topics that are specific to iphones go hear.
Forum rules
Do not link to iphone/ipod touch restoration files unless its an official Apple link. No hacked firmwares allowed so DO NOT ASK FOR THEM.
BobSeager
Ally of Robinhood
Ally of Robinhood

iRinger

Post by BobSeager »

It's a free application that you can download at http://www.iringer.net/ and use as an executable with no install. It's actually a really good ringtone maker, very easy interface. It can grab samples from just about any video source, or mp3, and import them directly into itunes.

I used this and a text-to-speech app in order to set my phone up to speak the name of the caller so that I don't even have to look at my phone to know who is calling me.

It's ad-supported but the banner is very unobtrusive. The file support makes it the best ringtone maker I've tried.
The NdN Kid
Bandit
Bandit

Re: iRinger

Post by The NdN Kid »

Which Text-to-speak did you use App did you use?

BobSeager
Ally of Robinhood
Ally of Robinhood

Post by BobSeager »

http://www.research.att.com/~ttsweb/tts/demo.php

I used this because it's easy to copy/paste/download the source file quickly. Yeah, they sound mechanical, but some sound better than others, I think I used a british girl for girl contacts and mike or rich for guys.

I made it simple like 'You have a phone call from Bob Seager' as the ringtone. fyi i don't think it translates numbers so you might not be able to say '555-5555 calling'
The NdN Kid
Bandit
Bandit

Post by The NdN Kid »

I love this app I just wish it ran on Mac it's gonna be a pain in the butt to burn all my music on to c.d. than download it over

soft28
Peasant
Peasant

Post by soft28 »

:D Aiseesoft iPhone Ringtone Maker for Mac is an easy-to-use but powerful converter for iPhone users to convert AVI, WMV, DivX, MP4, H.264/AVC, AVCHD, MKV, 3GP, and MPEG to M4R iPhone ringtone, and converting MP3, WMA, WAV, M4A to iPhone Ringtone is also supported by Mac iPhone Ringtone Maker.
Besides, iPhone Ringtone Make for Mac can create your wanted iPhone Ringtone clip from any video/audio files, and you can pre-listen the clipped music before conversion.
:mrgreen: :D
BobSeager
Ally of Robinhood
Ally of Robinhood

Post by BobSeager »

iRinger will do this as well, just not on Mac :P

But thanks for the tip for mac users

Return to “iphone specific”