All things 2.2.1

Topics that are specific to iphones go hear.
Forum rules
Do not link to iphone/ipod touch restoration files unless its an official Apple link. No hacked firmwares allowed so DO NOT ASK FOR THEM.
BobSeager
Ally of Robinhood
Ally of Robinhood

All things 2.2.1

Post by BobSeager »

For the sake of ease, I'm just going to place everything related to 2.2.1 in this thread.

Nothing major...supposed to be some improvements in Safari 'stability'

As always, this will relock/un-jailbreak your device.

Add it all up and what do you get? pass
BobSeager
Ally of Robinhood
Ally of Robinhood

Re: 2.2.1

Post by BobSeager »

2.2.1 has been quickpwnd for windows...available now

I haven't tested this yet :?
sadalius
Robinhood
Robinhood

Post by sadalius »

I dunno if I'll this one or not. If I start getting complaints from apps that I install that say they require it, I might. I hate having to re-download all my cydia crap.
Sadalius

No questions by PM please
BobSeager
Ally of Robinhood
Ally of Robinhood

Post by BobSeager »

I hate having to re-download all my cydia crap.
my same sentiments :P

especially for 'improved stability'
BobSeager
Ally of Robinhood
Ally of Robinhood

Re: All things 2.2.1

Post by BobSeager »

Pwnage tool 2.2.1 for MAC users now available

The iPhone-Dev Team released new versions of pwnage and quickpwn this morning for firmware 2.2.1 compatibility. For 3G users that want to upgrade to 2.2.1 and unlock you MUST use pwnage tool and disable the baseband update to conserve your 2.28.00 baseband. For first generation users there is no baseband update so just restore in iTunes to 2.2.1 and use the new version of Quickpwn to jailbreak.

A new version of Yellowsn0w has been uploaded for 2.2.1 compatibility as well so after you jailbreak add the source: apt.yellowsn0w.com and install version 0.9.7 and then reboot.

For 3G users that have upgraded your baseband to 2.30.00 there is no way to unlock or downgrade your baseband so you are stuck until the Dev team can figure out how to crack the new baseband which may not be possible... no one knows yet.
BobSeager
Ally of Robinhood
Ally of Robinhood

Re: All things 2.2.1

Post by BobSeager »

Updated to 2.2.1

Can't notice any changes, but I was due for a fresh start. Jailbroke and unlocked using quickpwn (1st gen iphone) found on dev team's official release list. No problems experienced.

Return to “iphone specific”