Office editing coming to iPhone

Topics that are specific to iphones go hear.
Forum rules
Do not link to iphone/ipod touch restoration files unless its an official Apple link. No hacked firmwares allowed so DO NOT ASK FOR THEM.
BobSeager
Ally of Robinhood
Ally of Robinhood

Office editing coming to iPhone

Post by BobSeager »

That only took two years :P This is exactly why the iPhone is not a viable solution for business/government yet and why Apple pretty much blows in many respects (see batteries).

Anyway :)

Company DataViz is supposed to unveil an Office compatibility suite for the iPhone (details forthcoming but their platform runs for $90 on other devices, wow). They have comparable software available on Palm, Blackberry, WinMo, Symbian, and Android.

http://www.dataviz.com/products/documen ... ne/notify/

It may all be a moot point as I'm confident Android is going to oneday take over the mobile OS market, Apple (like Jobs) is just too stubborn to admit when their wrong.
BobSeager
Ally of Robinhood
Ally of Robinhood

Re: Office editing coming to iPhone

Post by BobSeager »

Beating Dataviz to the punch, Quickoffice has released Office editing on the iPhone to the world at large-
http://www.quickoffice.com/quickword_iphone/

It looks pretty snappy, although it also looks like there's individual packages for Word & Excel. I didn't give it more than a once-over tho.
technoe
Ally of Robinhood
Ally of Robinhood

Post by technoe »

I don't know about Android, it seems to me that Google did a fair job with their first phone, but I can't really see it being great enough to take over the foot hold that Blackberry has on the business market. Windows Mobile is ok, that's what's running on my HTC Touch, but just like Windows XP and beyond it freezes and get's bogged down fairly easy. I really like the new OS that the Palm Pre is running. It's very sleek and designed for multiple programs to run at once.
Today Money, Tomorrow the WORLD!!
HaGGardSmurf
Ally of Robinhood
Ally of Robinhood

Post by HaGGardSmurf »

I absolutely hate windows mobile. It gets bogged down WAY to quick. Even if you install a task manager, and end apps you dont need, you still dont recover much mem.

Return to “iphone specific”