iPhone 3.0

Topics that are specific to iphones go hear.
Forum rules
Do not link to iphone/ipod touch restoration files unless its an official Apple link. No hacked firmwares allowed so DO NOT ASK FOR THEM.
BobSeager
Ally of Robinhood
Ally of Robinhood

iPhone 3.0

Post by BobSeager »

Apple is having their conference now, I'm following the live-blog on engadget-

http://www.engadget.com/2009/03/17/live ... iew-event/

The Sims on iPhone...with customizable background music!

One thing that would be nice -apple squashed the idea today- is background apps. It's kinda lame that you have to exit apps (ie close them) to go to the springboard. Apple said the battery life would suffer too much. To that I say give us the option to buy and replace our own batteries at our whim and it's not your problem...jerks :)

And other things missing, like no video, that's rediculous

The big things-

cut. copy & paste finally people can stop asking ;) Apple said it was delayed because of security issues, I'm guessing that's a lie

landscape email, notes & sms

mms MMS won't be available on the iPhone 1st gen. seriously apple...seriously disappointing, no wonder you try to outlaw jailbreaking, you can't figure out how to do it yourselves :x

multiplayer game support for things like FPS. Looks similar to the NDS but lets hope it supports connecting over WEP

It looks like the big changes in the sdk revolve around how the developers are now able to allow their apps to communicate over hardware add-ons. For example, a blood/glucose monitor that interfaces with the phone for diabetes patients (a little random and non-mainstream hmmmm?).
technoe
Ally of Robinhood
Ally of Robinhood

Re: iPhone 3.0

Post by technoe »

Damn, the iPhone has really blown up. I can't believe some of what I'm reading. "Touch Pets' looks a little creepy though. LOL. But DAMN!! LIVE FIRE looks amazing!! Who would have ever thought we'd be seeing a FPS on a phone!!!
Today Money, Tomorrow the WORLD!!
BobSeager
Ally of Robinhood
Ally of Robinhood

Post by BobSeager »

haha yeah, i dunno bout that game *pets

This looks sweet tho, you can now do multiplayer with other iphones/touches

Quote: a fairly smooth FPS with in game chat. Graphics aren't too shabby, if a bit basic...
technoe
Ally of Robinhood
Ally of Robinhood

Post by technoe »

The copy/paste/cut option is pretty cool, and it's about time the iPhone picked up something familiar to all users.
BobSeager
Ally of Robinhood
Ally of Robinhood

Post by BobSeager »

technoe wrote:The copy/paste/cut option is pretty cool, and it's about time the iPhone picked up something familiar to all users.

They said people were applauding for a 'feature found in every other device in the world' lol
technoe
Ally of Robinhood
Ally of Robinhood

Post by technoe »

yeah I seen that.
technoe
Ally of Robinhood
Ally of Robinhood

Post by technoe »

NO FLASH????? After all this time!!! And didn't iPhone 2 support basic tethering.
sccrbrandon4788
Possible Ally of Robinhood
Possible Ally of Robinhood

Post by sccrbrandon4788 »

So since I just started to get into all this,
what's going to happen when the 3.0 comes out?
Will we have to wait until somebody figures out how jailbreak it?
HaGGardSmurf
Ally of Robinhood
Ally of Robinhood

Post by HaGGardSmurf »

When 3.0 comes out the dev team will need to find a new exploit to use.

They wanted to delay the second gen jailbreak so they could just use that exploit, but f--king idiots who tried to make money using a leaked beta they got from somewhere of the jailbreak ruined that idea.

So who knows when an exploit will be found...

Also, you can run apps in the background, go on cydia and look for an app called backgrounder. Install it, open w.e app, then hold the home button in it for like 3 seconds and it says "backgrounding enabled" then minimizes the app... You can hold it for another 3 seconds in the app to disable the app from running in the background...

To force close an app, you just hold the home button for 7 seconds or w.e, thats not effected.
BobSeager
Ally of Robinhood
Ally of Robinhood

Post by BobSeager »

@sccrbrandon4788

Anytime a new firmware is released it will re-lock and un-jailbreak your phone. You'll want to be careful not to update when Apple sends out new notifications. iTunes always gives you the option of declining which is what you'll want to do before a new solution is found to unlock/jailbreak. 3.0 isn't expected to hit until summer.

In related news :P -

And for those wondering, yes the 3.0 OS is jailbreakable on all devices. It’s just those using 3G yellowsn0w that have to show some restraint and wait for PwnageTool to create a custom IPSW that avoids the baseband update.
HaGGardSmurf
Ally of Robinhood
Ally of Robinhood

Post by HaGGardSmurf »

Oh niccccceeeee they released the jailbreak late enough that apple didnt have time to fix the exploit. I will for sure be jailbreaking 3.0 I remember going from 1.1.1 to 1.1.5 to 2.0 to 2.1 :P Time to go to 3.0 woot.
iamwatt
Ally of Robinhood
Ally of Robinhood

Post by iamwatt »

im running this software on my iPhone right now and those new editons are cool! the landscaping feature in particular. . .
Gisborne
V.I.P.
V.I.P.

Post by Gisborne »

I have to agree, the fetures that 3.0 will bring are a long time missing.

The current Beta's still have a way to go thought untill I'd consider them useable on a daily basis.
Two of the main advantages 3.0 will bring for me are PUSH notifications and Background tasks, Will finally be able to have MSN style messengers running all the time.

A big letdown to 3.0 is the lack of Flash, and the browser still ID's itself as a mobile browser, I want the full internet as promised not eBay mobile, lol

I'm looking forward to see how Cydia evolves with this upcoming OS, as you probably already know it does not work.
Icy, the current installer for 3.0 although looks real nice is lacking some important packages needed by default. (May be fixed in an official Jailbreak)
When the bad gets good...

aVByZXAgdjAxMCBpcyBpbiBkZXZlbG9wbWVudA==
BobSeager
Ally of Robinhood
Ally of Robinhood

Post by BobSeager »

The 3.0 Beta 4 release is now live, let me know your thoughts if you take the plunge. :?
iamwatt
Ally of Robinhood
Ally of Robinhood

Post by iamwatt »

im on the beta 4 now, not noticing anything that different, it may be a bit faster though. . .

Return to “iphone specific”