Jailbreak Iphone ver 2.2.1 Help

Topics that are specific to iphones go hear.
Forum rules
Do not link to iphone/ipod touch restoration files unless its an official Apple link. No hacked firmwares allowed so DO NOT ASK FOR THEM.
julio1583
Bandit
Bandit

Jailbreak Iphone ver 2.2.1 Help

Post by julio1583 »

Hello All,

I am looking for some help in jailbreaking my iphone. I looked for the tuts and it says that teh video has been moved. Would anyone be able to tell me what I need and if it can be done. I need this done today so any help is appreciated.

Thanks
julio1583
BobSeager
Ally of Robinhood
Ally of Robinhood

Re: Jailbreak Iphone ver 2.2.1 Help

Post by BobSeager »

Hey,

If you're running windows get quickpwn 2.2.5 v2 http://www.quickpwn.com

If it's a 3g, make sure you don't check unlock in the box

Let me know how it goes
julio1583
Bandit
Bandit

Post by julio1583 »

Well I do want to unlock the phone to a t-mobile network. I know its going to loose all functionality that comes with AT&T. Should I click the box?

Thanks,
BobSeager
Ally of Robinhood
Ally of Robinhood

Post by BobSeager »

Ok, here's the deal. If you upgraded to 2.2.1 without ever having jailbroken or unlocked it before (ie virgin) then you have the new baseband. You won't be able to unlock it yet. You can jailbreak it, but yellowsn0w will only unlock 02.28.00 basebands.

Go to Settings - General - About - Modem Firmware and let me know what it says. It should either be

A) 02.28.00 (this is what you want)

or

B) 02.30.03 (my suspicion)

The problem is when you install 2.2.1 on 3g iPhones it flashes the iPhone baseband which renders the exploit used in unlocking it unusable. There is a way, if you are on 2.2, to create a custom firmware which allows you to update from 2.2 to 2.2.1 without updating the baseband but if you've already made the jump...probably out of luck for now :cry:

Return to “iphone specific”