T-Mobile hearts iPhone

Topics that are specific to iphones go hear.
Forum rules
Do not link to iphone/ipod touch restoration files unless its an official Apple link. No hacked firmwares allowed so DO NOT ASK FOR THEM.
BobSeager
Ally of Robinhood
Ally of Robinhood

T-Mobile hearts iPhone

Post by BobSeager »

Extract (not my words)-

T-mobile recently changed some aspect of their voicemail system, which cause iPhones (and some other unlocked non T-mobile branded phones) on their network to FREAK OUT. You'd get blank text messages from the future (2012!) when people left voicemails, and calling voicemail caused a flurry of the blank texts to arrive. These were notably NOT free texts either, so you were being charged per message if you didn't have an unlimited plan. Some iPhone users on T-mobile's network e-mailed Executive Customer Service, and got a very nice phone call in response, acknowledging the problem and awarding a 1-month service credit.
The T-mo rep stated that "T-Mobile, though they do not offer the iPhone, and that they are committed to supporting users on their network who have them."

Sure enough, within a day or so, in response to the problem, a T-mobile Tier 2 service rep posted an acknowledgment of the problem in a hackintosh forum, and indicated they'd fixed the issue.

All in all, this cements my loyalty to T-mobile. Even without officially supporting a particular phone, they are willing to make accommodations to ensure the iPhone users on their network continue to enjoy good service. And, it is worth noting, can continue to do so for tens of dollar less per month than they would if they were still using a 2G iPhone on AT&T.
technoe
Ally of Robinhood
Ally of Robinhood

Re: T-Mobile hearts iPhone

Post by technoe »

Damn, I'll be looking at T-Mobile hard for my next contract.
Today Money, Tomorrow the WORLD!!

Return to “iphone specific”