Latest tools

Topics that are ipod touch specific go here.
Forum rules
Do not link to iphone/ipod touch restoration files unless its an official Apple link. No hacked firmwares allowed so DO NOT ASK FOR THEM OR POST LINKS TO THEM.
sadalius
Robinhood
Robinhood

Latest tools

Post by sadalius »

Hi all, currently looking at an ipod touch for someone that is already jailbroken. They have set a restrictions passcode and can not remember what it is. I have read that the only way to clear it is to restore it. So basically I figure I might as well take it to the latest firmware. So my question is, after looking at the sites I used to frequent when I was into this scene, all the tools are for MAC. Is there a windows tool that I can accomplish the same as what the Dev-Team's does? Thats takes the original firmware and cooks a jailbroken IPSW with which I could restore with and effectly remove the passcodes in the process?

Thanks!!
Sadalius

No questions by PM please
CoFree
Robinhood
Robinhood

Re: Latest tools

Post by CoFree »

sorry man
i dont have any thing

ive not messed with my touch in for ever.
having fun with the droid right now.
"FIGHTING TYRANNY in a TECHNOLOGICAL NOTTINGHAM"
No Questions by PM.
HaGGardSmurf
Ally of Robinhood
Ally of Robinhood

Post by HaGGardSmurf »

Well update to 3.1.3, I think you'll need to buy it, but as with everything there are other ways to obtain the FW without buying from apple...

Once you are updated to 3.1.3 download Spirit you need to set the compatibility mode to win 98, and run as admin.

Hook up your iPod to your computer and open up Spirit, click jailbreak. Once it says complete on your computer you can click quit. From what I remember it's only about half done the rest happens on your ipod. Just let it do its thing.
sadalius
Robinhood
Robinhood

Post by sadalius »

Cool. Thats another way to do it for sure. That actually sounds better than what I was considering. At least that way I won't have to re-load all my music and crap all over again. Thanks man!!
Sadalius

No questions by PM please
HaGGardSmurf
Ally of Robinhood
Ally of Robinhood

Post by HaGGardSmurf »

Well you will need to reload all your music and app's since you'll be updating, but itunes will do that automatically after you update I believe.

Jailbreaking went back to the easy method's which is good :P

I remember the first jailbreak you just had to go to like http://www.jailbreakmyiphone.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; a couple steps later you had installer added to your app's and you were jailbroken before you knew it :D

Thats basically what its like now.

Return to “ipod touch specific”