Brocken screen repair!!!!

Topics that are ipod touch specific go here.
Forum rules
Do not link to iphone/ipod touch restoration files unless its an official Apple link. No hacked firmwares allowed so DO NOT ASK FOR THEM OR POST LINKS TO THEM.
jay
Bandit
Bandit

Brocken screen repair!!!!

Post by jay »

Hi my lad got a new ipod touch 4th gen for his birthday on the 15th Sept and today he has dropped it and cracked the screen badly! :cry:The touch screen part works fine. I have been looking on ebay at glass replacement kits and was wondering if anyone has had a go at doing this and if it is a easy job or should i look into sending it away for someone to do it(seems quite expensive though!) Any help would be gladly received.Thank You Jay
moonknight
Possible Ally of Robinhood
Possible Ally of Robinhood

Re: Brocken screen repair!!!!

Post by moonknight »

The procedure is not too difficult if you get a digitizer and midframe assembly (bezel) together and preassembled. Lot's of video tutorials out there, as well as step by step guides. You will also need the disassembly toolkit.

One thing to be aware of is that (IMHO) many of the screens ship out not working 100%. Test the digitizer after attaching the ribbon cable and prior to clipping in the screen. Also, do not install screen with power on.

Hope this helps!

Return to “ipod touch specific”