jiggy runtime

Topics that are ipod touch specific go here.
Forum rules
Do not link to iphone/ipod touch restoration files unless its an official Apple link. No hacked firmwares allowed so DO NOT ASK FOR THEM OR POST LINKS TO THEM.
CoFree
Robinhood
Robinhood

jiggy runtime

Post by CoFree »

i installed this on the 16gb touch no problems,but for some reason on the 8gb it keeps telling me.
package download fail
i need this for some of the games
i have tried on 3 different isp.im not sure what to do but reeflash it.
what do you guys think.
"FIGHTING TYRANNY in a TECHNOLOGICAL NOTTINGHAM"
No Questions by PM.
sadalius
Robinhood
Robinhood

Re: jiggy runtime

Post by sadalius »

I don't think I've tried to install the jiggy runtime on mine or not. If you do reflash it, you would need to restore it to official 1.1.4 then re-run iLiberty. I had to re-jailbreak mine the first time too. My wife's was fine the first time.

Maybe you just need a different source for the repository that your trying to get it from?
Sadalius

No questions by PM please
BobSeager
Ally of Robinhood
Ally of Robinhood

Post by BobSeager »

I had some issues installing it before I ultimately re-flashed. Might want to follow Sadalius and check another source tho. Does installer.app still 'sign' verified sources? If not, you might check out Cydia. It's the only alternative to installer.app for the 2.0FW and I've had more luck with it than installer.app for many utilities.
sadalius
Robinhood
Robinhood

Post by sadalius »

We tried to get his to 2.0. It takes the official 2.0 update just fine. But when we try to pwn it, it gets caught it a booting loop. The blasted pineapple won't go-way....

At any rate, CoFree's restored to 1.1.4 and re-pwned so many times and it still won't download the jiggy runtime. We suspect CoFree has ISP problems, but can't prove it. Everything else works, safari and all. I think he is going to try again from his workplace but It just fails trying to install the jiggy runtime.
Sadalius

BobSeager
Ally of Robinhood
Ally of Robinhood

Post by BobSeager »

You don't need Open SSH for JRT do you? I know you said it was successful on the 16gb but I can't remember, it's been awhile since I've ran installer.

I remember having to install BSD Subsystem->Open SSH before some apps would install properly...and BSD kept failing to install
Last edited by BobSeager on Tue Aug 05, 2008 9:30 am, edited 1 time in total.
sadalius
Robinhood
Robinhood

Post by sadalius »

I'm not 100% sure, but I don't think you do. I'm on a pwned 2.0 ipod and jiggy's not available for me to try yet..... But yeah, CoFree said it downloaded and installed fine on the 16GB one. On this one, it won't even download.
Sadalius

BobSeager
Ally of Robinhood
Ally of Robinhood

Post by BobSeager »

Yeah that doesn't sound right. When I couldn't install it it would tell me I was missing a required program BEFORE I would be able to install. I didn't break with iliberty or winpwn tho the first time, I used ZiPhone. ZiPhone worked fine for 1.1.4

As long as restore is working fine, may want to try running just the jailbreak method using ziphone and see if that frees it up. Ziphone will install installer.app.

Also maybe try source- http://jiggyapp.com/i" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
sadalius
Robinhood
Robinhood

Post by sadalius »

We may try ziphone. I think he was going to put it to official 1.1.4 and try it for a day to see if this other problem is still present. If it is, I think he's going to take it back and swap it out. Otherwise, he'll be trying it again. He'll read this thread and probably try ziphone if it doesn't work with iliberty. One way or another, we'll get it lined out, or we'll take a BFH to it! :D
Sadalius

BobSeager
Ally of Robinhood
Ally of Robinhood

Post by BobSeager »

;)

I would try adding the source above first, then try ziphone. If those don't work...hammertime
CoFree
Robinhood
Robinhood

Post by CoFree »

great help guys.
ive been working alday.
im going to get back into it in the next day or two.
this gives me somethings to try.
:D :D
No Questions by PM.
CoFree
Robinhood
Robinhood

Post by CoFree »

well thats good to know now.
i would love to pop who ever in the back of the head.
you post it off line forr a day or two.
the bitch is i did it on the first one then 6 hours it would not work.
but
cool when i slow down some ill get back into it.
thanks for the xtra effort
No Questions by PM.

Return to “ipod touch specific”