White Screen of Death?

Topics that are ipod touch specific go here.
Forum rules
Do not link to iphone/ipod touch restoration files unless its an official Apple link. No hacked firmwares allowed so DO NOT ASK FOR THEM OR POST LINKS TO THEM.
aTurgidKnave
Trusted Member
Trusted Member

White Screen of Death?

Post by aTurgidKnave »

Know anything about it? I have it and have set an appointment at the Jacksonville Apple Store for tomorrow, but I'm hoping there's and easier "fix"...
The things you do for boredom...
BobSeager
Ally of Robinhood
Ally of Robinhood

Re: White Screen of Death?

Post by BobSeager »

If it's under warranty you probably ought to take it in like you plan to do, but, can you shut it down?

I ask because I've seen them stuck on white screen without any responding buttons so you must hold down power and home for awhile for it to shutdown. But if you've done that and it still boots to white, probably want to take it in. You can try getting it into DFU mode, which is what Apple will most likely try first unless they just want to swap it out. If you can get it in DFU mode you may be able to restore, sounds like some files got corrupted.

That's all I can think of.
sadalius
Robinhood
Robinhood

Post by sadalius »

Yeah, try holding the power and home buttons for about a minute and see if it will power off. Then try to reboot it. If it comes back to the white screen, it may be stuck in DFU mode. In which case, you might be able to connect it to your computer while itunes is running and run a restore on it and get it working that way. If the computer doesn't recognize it, then you'll have to have it serviced.
Sadalius

No questions by PM please
aTurgidKnave
Trusted Member
Trusted Member

Post by aTurgidKnave »

I did the hard reset already and I restored it twice..I read somewhere that a ribbon of some sort is broken. If I set it a certain way, the screen flashes back into view for a while, then gives out shortly thereafter. I'm just taking it in and hoping for a replacement.
The things you do for boredom...
sadalius
Robinhood
Robinhood

Post by sadalius »

Yeah, in that case, you should take it in for service. If it's under warranty, they should fix/replace it with no hassles. Just make sure that you don't take it to them if its jailbroken though, but you've restored it twice so you should be alright.
Sadalius

No questions by PM please

Return to “ipod touch specific”