NitroKey

Topics that are ipod touch specific go here.
Forum rules
Do not link to iphone/ipod touch restoration files unless its an official Apple link. No hacked firmwares allowed so DO NOT ASK FOR THEM OR POST LINKS TO THEM.
BobSeager
Ally of Robinhood
Ally of Robinhood

NitroKey

Post by BobSeager »

http://www.nitrokey.com/

One advantage this has over the dev teams redsn0w is that tethering is no longer necessary, which is a big plus...but $15 :roll:

If you use redsn0w you are currently required to tether upon reboots. Tethering requires you to 'patch' the ipod by connecting it the the PC after a hard reboot of the device. You don't have to tether it to wake it out of standby tho, only when you hard reset (I expect this to be fixed).

If you're considering jailbreaking the touch, you may want to hold out a little longer for the dev team to respond. They typically don't like when people start charging for services like this

The first and only software solution to fully free (jailbreak) your iPod Touch 2G. Once installed you will be free to boot/restart your iPod at will, with no need for a computer or other hardware device.

UPDATE: well as of 5 hours ago the dev team announced they have an untethered solution coming for redsn0w but have not yet worked it into a GUI (ie quickpwn/pwnage). I would guess that nitrokey is the result of someone having stolen some beta code of theirs and slapping together a quick GUI in order to release a commercial solution.
HaGGardSmurf
Ally of Robinhood
Ally of Robinhood

Re: NitroKey

Post by HaGGardSmurf »

Cant wait for a 2g jailbreak! I will go out and buy the 2g :P probably sell my 1g or just use it for videos + games :P

Return to “ipod touch specific”