Topics that are ipod touch specific go here.
Forum rules
Do not link to iphone/ipod touch restoration files unless its an official Apple link. No hacked firmwares allowed so DO NOT ASK FOR THEM OR POST LINKS TO THEM.
beetle

Post by beetle »

Last edited by beetle on Thu Mar 29, 2012 10:37 am, edited 1 time in total.
BobSeager
Ally of Robinhood
Ally of Robinhood

Re: Search my iPod Touch directory from my PC

Post by BobSeager »

Not sure where you are at in the process but, you've got to be jailbroken

I prefer to use OpenSSH (downlaod from Cydia) and then use Winscp (free) in windows to access it.

Get your pod near your pc and get it on a wifi network. Has to be wifi.

Make note of your pod IP address (settings-general-wifi) and open winscp on the pc.

Click advanced tab and go change the timeout settings to something like 45 seconds.

On the first (main) winscp tab type in your IP address of the pod and use 'root' and 'alpine' as the username/password.

Then you are in. Be careful ;)

Got any questions, ask. I'm really busy at work right now but I'll try to get to them quickly as possible.
beetle

Post by beetle »

Last edited by beetle on Thu Mar 29, 2012 10:37 am, edited 3 times in total.
BobSeager
Ally of Robinhood
Ally of Robinhood

Post by BobSeager »

You could try CCleaner

It's a data recovery tool, free, clean, lite.

That might be able to recover the deleted file without need to go into the directory because the camera saves images to an area that the computer recognizes.

Let me know if you try it. It certainly can't hurt it

Good luck man
beetle

Post by beetle »

Last edited by beetle on Thu Mar 29, 2012 10:38 am, edited 1 time in total.
BobSeager
Ally of Robinhood
Ally of Robinhood

Post by BobSeager »

Argh :x sorry man this is my fault. Recuva is what you want.

http://www.recuva.com/

Recuva is a windows program so you do not have to jailbreak. Once you download and install it to your pc, you can select which drive to scan. Select whatever drive your ipod shows up and see what it finds.

You may want to recover all files that it finds if it finds any, and export the recovered files into a folder so you can navigate better.

It may work, it may not. Recuva is made by the same people as CCleaner I had them juxtaposed :roll:

Recuva recovers files, CCleaner deletes them :?
beetle

Post by beetle »

Last edited by beetle on Thu Mar 29, 2012 10:38 am, edited 2 times in total.
BobSeager
Ally of Robinhood
Ally of Robinhood

Post by BobSeager »

It might not recognize an ipod touch. Try "Search in a specific location" and select your camera or, if your ipod shows up as a drive, try that. Selecting "media card or iPod" option might only work with compatible models.
beetle

Post by beetle »

Last edited by beetle on Thu Mar 29, 2012 10:39 am, edited 1 time in total.
beetle

Post by beetle »

Last edited by beetle on Thu Mar 29, 2012 10:40 am, edited 2 times in total.
HaGGardSmurf
Ally of Robinhood
Ally of Robinhood

Post by HaGGardSmurf »

beetle wrote:what's the easiest way to jailbreak your ipod touch? also when it comes to putting it back to normal/ recovering it, will i have to buy the 2.0 version again (which gives you the maps, apps etc...)?
Easiest way is quickpwn. Its a pretty much a 'Wizard', you just click next and do what it says on the screen then next etc etc...

Jailbreaking has gotten SOO much easier from 1.1.1 (Im assuming since you asked about buying 2.0 again you are on a firt gen iPod. I believe the second gen's are a little more complicated.)

Anyways, no you will not have to buy version 2.x.x again

Go to C:\Documents and Settings\*Your Username*\Application Data\Apple Computer\iTunes\iPod Software Updates

You will see all the FW itunes has downloaded, and you will see your 2.x.x copy that to a new location for safe keeping... You can also download 2.x.x if you want for free (thats piracy and its illigal)

Remember its near impossible to brick an iPod so jailbreaking & recovering is quite simple...

As for your picture delema its gone... Jailbreaking will delete EVERYTHING off your iPod.
beetle

Post by beetle »

Last edited by beetle on Sun Feb 05, 2012 7:18 am, edited 2 times in total.
HaGGardSmurf
Ally of Robinhood
Ally of Robinhood

Post by HaGGardSmurf »

Well when you jailbreak what your doing is taking the original apple firmware, and 'patching' it through an exploit. Then you take that jailbroken firmware, and 'update' your iPod with it.

The term "restore" is not 100% accurate as you are not restoring, you are installing a new FW.

Return to “ipod touch specific”