Jailbreaking 2.0 or 1.1.4

Guides and tutorials go here. These can be either iphone or ipod touch and in some cases, both.
Forum rules
Do not link to iphone/ipod touch restoration files unless its an official Apple link. No hacked firmwares allowed so DO NOT ASK FOR THEM OR POST LINKS TO THEM.
sadalius
Robinhood
Robinhood

Jailbreaking 2.0 or 1.1.4

Post by sadalius »

Here is a video guide for using a tool called pwnage to jailbreak the new 2.0 firmware or the 1.1.4 firmware. This particular tool is simply called pwnage tool, it runs on the MAC and is pretty stable. There is a windows version called winpwn that works pretty much the same, but when I was using it, I had a whole lot of trouble getting it to run so I had to use the pwnage tool. You can google the name of each application to find downloads for it. You'll also have to have the official restore for the firmware and particular device that your wanting to jailbreak. For example, if you want to jailbreak your 2.0 ipod touch, you'll need the file called iPod1,1_2.0_5A347_Restore.ipsw. This is not publicly available as Apple charges for this update. But if you look around, you can find it. There are ipsw restore files for the iphone as well, you want to make sure that you get the one that matches your phone though, like if you have a 2G or 3G phone. And if you have a 3G phone and your not an AT&T customer, you can't unlock at the moment, but you can do the other stuff. Anyway, here is the video:

Sadalius

No questions by PM please

Return to “Guides/Tutorials”