Themes on the iPod touch or iphone

Guides and tutorials go here. These can be either iphone or ipod touch and in some cases, both.
Forum rules
Do not link to iphone/ipod touch restoration files unless its an official Apple link. No hacked firmwares allowed so DO NOT ASK FOR THEM OR POST LINKS TO THEM.
sadalius
Robinhood
Robinhood

Themes on the iPod touch or iphone

Post by sadalius »

Since jailbreaking my iPod touch, I wanted to customize the icons and such on the screen. There was all this talk of springboard, summerboard and winterboard that I kept hearing. There was no real explanation to this so I was confused. It gave me a headache to think about it. Now that I've figured it out, its really easy. Lets start with a few explanations so you won't get a headache like I did,

Springboard is what they call where the icons are. Simple really. Summerboard and Winterboard are applications that address the springboard, but have a little more power behind them. Summerboard has been replaced by winterboard. First thing you need to do to customize your ipod touch or iphone is do download and install winterboard. Do this through Cydia if your on 2.0 or higher. Install it through installer if your on 1.1.4. Once you have it installed, completely turn off your device by pressing and holding the power button til you get the slide to poweroff notice and then do so. Then turn it back on.

Now to get themes, just use either cydia or installe to download and install them. Once the the theme is installed, just fire up winterboard and make the appropriate choices that you want, then press the home button. When it gets back to the spring board, let it set for a few seconds and the device should re-spring itself. When it re-springs, your customizations or theme should be active.

To turn off the theme, just open winterboard back up and uncheck what you don't want and then let it re-spring again.

You can create your own custome themes as well. Best way to do it is to download a theme to your PC and go through it and you should get the idea of what you need to create your very own.

Here is a pic of what you can do with winterboard:

If your not interested n creating your own, there are quite a few to choose from, and you might just take a look at Bigbosses Fantasy Pack on Cydia. Its a 350 theme pack and I'm sure there is one in there for most anyone!!
Sadalius

No questions by PM please
BobSeager
Ally of Robinhood
Ally of Robinhood

Re: Themes on the iPod touch or iphone

Post by BobSeager »

Did you try?

I want to check it out, but people have been reporting issues with 2.0.1, almost unanimously saying themes aren't working with Winterboard.
sadalius
Robinhood
Robinhood

Re: Themes on the iPod touch or iphone

Post by sadalius »

Yes, I've tried and it works for me. I just loaded up Cydia, found winterboard and installed it. Then went and found me some themes and installed them. Loaded up winterboard, selected the effects that I wanted, pressed the home button, ipod does a re-spring, when back at the home screen its running the theme and effects that I selected. Currently I have China Wind 2.0 theme With Fading Apple loaders, Apple battery and MacBook Air Keyboard setup on mine and its working like a charm. I've also installed and tried Transformer and it works too. It transforms your iPod Touch into an iPhone. It doesn't work like an iPhone, but it sure looks and acts like one!!
Sadalius

No questions by PM please

Return to “Guides/Tutorials”