Starting fresh 1st gen

Guides and tutorials go here. These can be either iphone or ipod touch and in some cases, both.
Forum rules
Do not link to iphone/ipod touch restoration files unless its an official Apple link. No hacked firmwares allowed so DO NOT ASK FOR THEM OR POST LINKS TO THEM.
BobSeager
Ally of Robinhood
Ally of Robinhood

Starting fresh 1st gen

Post by BobSeager »

Here's a quick walkthrough I put together that hopefully someone finds of use. Please make sure that you read the whole thing, and if you have any questions, please ask before you proceed as I'd rather answer them then have you run through it unsure ;)

Some of this is parsed from other guides, but this was written from my hands-on experience as I went through the process

I followed this process to successfully unlock and activate iPhone 1st generation running iPhone 2.2.1 firmware.

Application used: Quickpwn 2.1-1
Starting iPhone firmware: 2.2.1
iTunes version used: 8.0.1.11

IMPORTANT: ENSURE STOCK AT&T SIM CARD IS IN THE TRAY BEFORE STARTING

1) Connect iPhone to PC and put iPhone into DFU Mode

How to Enter True Hardware DFU

1. Turn off the device.
2. Hold the power for 5 seconds, the device will turn on.
3. Without letting go of power, press and hold the home button. Hold both buttons for 10 seconds, then let the just power button go.
4. Keep the home button pressed until the screen flashes and stays "black" but lit.

If the Restore Logo is present on the screen, you are in Restore Mode, not DFU.

2) iTunes will tell you that it detects an iPhone in DFU Mode and it must be restored

3) Run restore

4) Launch quickpwn and follow instructions

Return to “Guides/Tutorials”