Intensafire Rapid Fire Controller Mod

Reviews on 360 products
sadalius
Robinhood
Robinhood

Intensafire Rapid Fire Controller Mod

Post by sadalius »

Here is RHPG's review of the Intensafire Rapid Fire Controller Mod for the Xbox 360 wireless controller.

First I would like to say thank you to Team-Xecuter for allowing us to review this product. Xecuter has been rocking the xbox for quite some time now and has a lot of good solid products.

The Intensafire is a flex board designed to fit inside the controller mounted to its circuit board. There is two ways to mount the flex board to the circuit board. Either by using the included conductive glue or by soldering it in. Inside the package, you'll find the Intensafire Flex board, instructions, a tube of conductive glue, a toothpick and a screw driver to remove the screws from the controller with.

First thing to do is to decide whether your going to use the glue, or to solder it in. I like soldering things solid so that is what I did in this install. Either way you decide, be careful because installing this in an improper manner will more than likely render your controller useless so be warned. But if you take your time and not get any points crossed or shorted, you should be ok.

Next, disassemble your controller. The pic shows where the screws are indicated by the red circles. There are 7 in total to remove. Including one behind the UPC label underneath the batter. So remove the battery and keep it out during the install.

To keep the buttons from falling out, turn the controller over (buttons facing down) and use your thumbs to push out on the thumb sticks. Once you get the two halves separated, take the circuit board out and lay it on a table or other solid surface. Here is a pic of the circuit board of the controller that I used.

Now take the flex board and lay it in place. It will only fit one way and should look like this pic. This pic also shows the glue/solder points. Also, take a moment to figure out whether you have a CG controller or a Matrix controller. You can tell this by looking at the top left corner of the flex board. There is a square cut out like it is supposed to go around a chip. If you have a chip there, you have a Matrix controller, if its like the one in the pic, you hace a CG controller. This will determine which sync point that you glue/solder.

Now that you have the board in place and have determined which controller you have, your ready to start with the glue/solder. the first point to tack down is the synch point. Like in this pic:

Next, point 2 should be connected as shown:

Now we're ready for points 3,4 and 5:

Final points, 6,7 and 8:

Now your ready to put your controller back together and try it out. Just reverse the process of taking it apart and you should be good to go.

The intensafire has Dual rapid-fire, 5-mode sleeper and works in all xbox 360 wireless controllers. Doesn't require any more battery than without the mod. Has yellow and red LED indicators to determine what mode your in and has a customizable user-programmable mode for your own setup. I'm not going to cover programming it for this, but it isn't all that difficult and works great!! Here is a link to the PDF on the different modes and setting up a custom mode as well:
http://bgrmods.com/uploads/pdf/instructions.pdf

The mod costs around $40 US dollars. Works great from what I've used it for so far. I think the price is a little high, but it does work great.

Over all rating in my opinion is: A-
And that is only because of the price. Pluses are the fact that everything is included to do the job unless you want to solder it. I haven't tried the glue, but I'm sure that it would work just the same.

You can find this product at http:ck3.co.uk or other reputable reseller.

I hope you have enjoyed this review and find it useful.
CoFree
Robinhood
Robinhood

Re: Intensafire Rapid Fire Controller Mod

Post by CoFree »

good stuff man
thanks for working up the review
"FIGHTING TYRANNY in a TECHNOLOGICAL NOTTINGHAM"
No Questions by PM.
sadalius
Robinhood
Robinhood