CK3 Pro with Probe Review+Lite-on Flashing Video

Reviews on 360 products
sadalius
Robinhood
Robinhood

CK3 Pro with Probe Review+Lite-on Flashing Video

Post by sadalius »

This is a review/guide for the Xecuter CK3 PRO kit with probe. When I received the kit, it was in excellent condition. It was sent in a ship bag, the kit itself was in a box and in antistatic bags to prevent and static damage to the devices. The lite-on flashing video is at the bottom of this post. As always, no one at RHPG is not responsible if you damage or brick your drive, or your 360 or any other damage that may occur. Following this or any other guide on this web site as provided on an as is basis with the sole responsibility falling on yourself.

Here is what the CK3 kit looks like.

A closer look at the probe reveals two LED's. The probe's purpose is for retrieving the key, inquiry and identify.bin files. The LED's indicate whether the probe has power, that would be the blue one at the top, and whether you have a good connection to R707, the green one at the bottom. When you insert the probe into R707, the green light will come on and stay on.

A good look at the CK3 itself. It has a serial port, serial to USB, a molex connector for power and the connection that goes between the DVD drive and the CK3. It also has a power switch for power cycling the drive, an eject button, and a mode button. The mode button is only for hitachi drives and when you are working with a samsung, benq or lite-on and power on the CK3, the power light LED should be blue and not red.

The CK3 all connected up and ready for business. In this picture, I'm working with a lite-on drive and I have it connected by the USB to serial port.

Here is the R707 hole. This is where you are to insert the CK3 probe when the time comes to get your key, inquiry and identify.bin files. The actual place is circled in red.

The probe inserted into R707

Now, this experience went very pleasantly. I have to say that before you open up jungleflasher to start this project, you need the drive in a half-closed state. To do this, power on the drive, press the eject button on the CK3 and then power off the drive. Then close the try by hand till it's half close and then power on the drive. Also, I should note that if your using a via card, the possibility of your PC locking up on you after clicking the lite-on erase button is pretty good. You may want to use iprep to flash with if you do have a VIA sata card.

The CK3 kit is of excellent quality and is very useful, in fact if your working with a lite-on drive, you have to have one of these or a Xtractor 360 or a rs232 TTL converter of some kind to complete your project. The CK3 has worked very well with hitachi's, samsungs, benq's and lite-ons.

I would highly recommend this device to anyone wondering if it is worth the price. I give it a 9.5 out of 10. I'm only taking off a half a point because of the price, but, the Xtractor is pricey as well so it all evens out.

Here is a video of the lite-on flashing process.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Sadalius

No questions by PM please
CoFree
Robinhood
Robinhood

Re: WIP: CK3 review+video

Post by CoFree »

i like it man
we can move it into the guides if you want
"FIGHTING TYRANNY in a TECHNOLOGICAL NOTTINGHAM"
No Questions by PM.
xexclusivex
Squire
Squire

Re: CK3 Pro with Probe Review+Lite-on Flashing Video

Post by xexclusivex »

so if i have a via sata card which is the best guide for me to flash lite on. cause i am not really that good with a soldering iron.

ben Q drive: 6
samsung drive: 2
hitachi 79 drive: 2
hitachi v59DJ: 1
Lite-On drive:5
sadalius
Robinhood
Robinhood

Post by sadalius »

Not all people with VIA cards have the freezing problem. If you notice in the video, I have a VIA card and as you can see, the process went perfectly. There is just a lot of people that do have the problems with the freezing up after hitting the lite-on erase button.

I would recommend using the iprep 8.8 guide to flash your lite-on if you have a via card, unless your like me and don't mind taking risks to find out if something works or not.
Sadalius

MsK
Ally of Robinhood
Ally of Robinhood

Post by MsK »

sadalius wrote:Not all people with VIA cards have the freezing problem. If you notice in the video, I have a VIA card and as you can see, the process went perfectly. There is just a lot of people that do have the problems with the freezing up after hitting the lite-on erase button.

I would recommend using the iprep 8.8 guide to flash your lite-on if you have a via card, unless your like me and don't mind taking risks to find out if something works or not.
the freezing issue is specifilly related to the drivers u are using ;)
CoFree
Robinhood
Robinhood

Post by CoFree »

man
where you been

glad to see you back around
"FIGHTING TYRANNY in a TECHNOLOGICAL NOTTINGHAM"
No Questions by PM.
ronr179
Bandit
Bandit

Post by ronr179 »

sadalius wrote:Not all people with VIA cards have the freezing problem. If you notice in the video, I have a VIA card and as you can see, the process went perfectly. There is just a lot of people that do have the problems with the freezing up after hitting the lite-on erase button.

im sorry if im posting this in the wrong place. but here it says to use iprep8.8 my question is. how do i use iprep and extract the key from the drive. i have been using the via card in the past an seems to be very simple im going to be using the 360xtractor and probe/spear. cofree has a vid on how to flash using iprep but he had soldered the drive so any help i would be very thankfull
THANKS
sadalius
Robinhood
Robinhood

Post by sadalius »

It's the same way, but instead of soldering it, in your case you would use the spear. The reason for soldering was because the transmit circuit of the drive had to be completed and at the time, he had no spear or CK3 probe to do that with. So if your using a xtractor or CK3, all you really would need to do is simply bridge the connection on R707, that could be done with something as simple as a jewelers flat head screw driver, or you could use a spear or ck3 probe. Either way will work fine.
Sadalius

Return to “360 Product Review”