Online retailer review.

If you would like to put up a review on a product.
Here is the place.We will look over it and there is a chance we will
move it to the main review thread.
The same goes for a online retail site review.
If you would like to post one up this is the place.
Forum rules
Keep your review Professional.
You have spent your hard earned cash
so share what you think with the rest of the site.
he-man
Merry Men
Merry Men

Online retailer review.

Post by he-man »

I would like to add MrModchips to the list, if I may. If this is in the wrong place or not allowed please move/remove.

http://www.mrmodchips.co.uk/catalog/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

MrModchips was the cheapest UK site I found and got all the needed items from them, well mostly all the items. They failed to deliver the unlock kit to open up my 360. After many unanswered emails I am cosidering giving up. They don’t believe that I did not receive the item and want me to scan the back and front of the empty evelope and then email it to them as proof.... I di tell them I’m gonna “name and shame” them and in return they are going to report me to higher powers as a fraudster.
Anyways, here is my review based on Cofree’s template.

1.Do they have a phone number for phone in orders.
They do not have a phone number but have a “ticket system” via their help desk. This can be accessed via the contact us link.

2. Do they have good communication with there customers.(e-mail,chat rooms and the like)
Unfortunately I’ve had no luck with emailing them.

3.Do they offer for sale only items that they have in stock.
They only offer in stock items for sale and they have the quantity they have on hand for you to see.

4. Is the shipping reasonable and sent in a timely manner.
There shipping rate is in line with the other retailer and it gets out in a timely manner.
They also have many different shipping options. I used the next day delivery option and had the items early next day (perfect).

5. How was the item packaged for shipping.
All packages have came in good shape and well padded in side to help prevent damage to the items.

6. How big is there Available inventory
They have a large selection of items for both xbox and xbox360 aswell as Playstation 2 and 3, Wii, DS, DS Lite, etc.

7. Ease of website use.
The site is very easy to navigate.

To sum up.
This is the only site I used to buy all the items I needed because they are a bit cheaper than other UK sites I looked at. They are probably not a bad site to use but I would not use them again due to lack of customer care/support. I got the items next day (I paid extra for that) but I have no experience their services like returns or repairs. With that being said, they get a grade of "Low C" although I do think they deserve a "F"
CoFree
Robinhood
Robinhood

Re: Online retailer review.

Post by CoFree »

well man
this is a thread for product review.
but
That being said i think a site review for our members is fine also.
I think you did a good job on your review
Im sure be upset with them made it that much harder to be as objective .

I have been tell people that in the comment section of the order form they should state.
something to the effect.
"My experience with you site will be shared with the members of http://www.robinhoodsplayground" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;"

But
if any one doies this you will ofcourse need to post up how you order went
for good or bad. ;)
"FIGHTING TYRANNY in a TECHNOLOGICAL NOTTINGHAM"
No Questions by PM.
he-man
Merry Men
Merry Men

Post by he-man »

My appologies for posting in the wrong forum but I could not post anything in the "Online retailer review" section. I did tell them I would tell people of my experience and that's when they said they'll out me as a fraudster.
Anyways lesson learned, that's one less site that will see my money...
CoFree
Robinhood
Robinhood

Post by CoFree »

no man
you posted in the right place.
you cant post in the site review thread.
and this thread is as good as any to post in.
he-man wrote:I did tell them I would tell people of my experience and that's when they said they'll out me as a fraudster.
well i tell you what if they dont stop by and give a explanation of why you did not get your tool
or at least what the miss understanding was.
then i dont see how they possibly put that off.

I have changed the title of the forum for site review also. ;)
"FIGHTING TYRANNY in a TECHNOLOGICAL NOTTINGHAM"
No Questions by PM.

Return to “Members Product Review & Retail Site Review”