Xbox 360 Live Vision Camera

If you would like to put up a review on a product.
Here is the place.We will look over it and there is a chance we will
move it to the main review thread.
The same goes for a online retail site review.
If you would like to post one up this is the place.
Forum rules
Keep your review Professional.
You have spent your hard earned cash
so share what you think with the rest of the site.
rkd2398
Possible Ally of Robinhood

Xbox 360 Live Vision Camera

Post by rkd2398 »

The Xbox 360 Live Vision Camera -

I bought this camera for only one little reason: Achievements!! Well there are only a handful of games that use the camera for achievements. Here is a link to check out the other games you can use with the camera. http://www.xbox.com/en-US/hardware/x/xboxlivevision/

So there are few ways to purchase the camera: 1. Used at Gamestop; 2. Go to any store that sells games, and either pick up the camera by itself for $39.99 or purchase the game and camera combo: Your in the Movies which sells for $19.99. So take your pick if you can't get it used the for $20 bucks, you can get a game as well.

To me it looks like an ordinary web cam, and works similar to one.

You can also use the camera for video chatting while playing your favorite games with your Hommies! I have not tried that option yet, but i am not sure I want to look at them while playing the game. I guess that if you play UNO with your cousins from Springfield, then that would be cool.

The first game that I tried with this camera was Rainbow Six Vegas. WOW, my character didn't look anything like me. You have to get your face just right in between the for red lines. Then make sure that you stand still and the lighting is good.
After you snap the first shot, you have to take a profile pic, by turning your head 90 degrees to the left, while holding still, and hitting the button(this was hard to do. Luckily while making fun of me, my wife helped me get lined up and take the picture.) It takes about five minutes for the XBOX to create the picture. Its the same process for Rainbow Six 2.

Tiger Woods 09 was similar, take a front shot and then a profile. The next part you have to align some dots up to match the picture of the guy next to your picture. This takes a few moments, but the next part takes like 15 minutes. The game tells you they are scanning bio metrics, and some other things. The down side of this, it still doesn't look anything like me!! I am going to retry this one again, and hope it comes out better.

All in all, I would say that it is a good buy for $20.00. I would like to see more games with this achievement, and maybe once you create your image that it is automatically added to each game you play.

I hope that this review is helpful. :D
HaGGardSmurf
Ally of Robinhood
Ally of Robinhood

Re: Xbox 360 Live Vision Camera

Post by HaGGardSmurf »

Achievements? What can you unlock with it? I bought mine for rainbow 6 vegas so I could put my face on my guy :P
rkd2398

Post by rkd2398 »

There are several games that give an achievement. Those are the only three that I have tried.

Here is a page that has the games that use the camera, but not all the games give an achievement for using it.

http://www.gxpblog.com/2009/03/games-th ... amera.html
[url=http://www.xboxlc.com/profile/rkd2398[/url]

Please No Questions by PM, Use the board that's what it's for.
HaGGardSmurf
Ally of Robinhood
Ally of Robinhood

Post by HaGGardSmurf »

Coool Cooool :P
sadalius
Robinhood
Robinhood

Post by sadalius »

I have one of these somewhere. I looked for it the other day so I could play totem ball, but I can't remember where I put it.
Sadalius

No questions by PM please
HaGGardSmurf
Ally of Robinhood
Ally of Robinhood

Post by HaGGardSmurf »

haha isnt totem ball the game where you like wave your hand in the direction you want to move? I think I remember playing it :P
dalecheesy
Ally of Robinhood
Ally of Robinhood

Post by dalecheesy »

sadalius wrote:I have one of these somewhere. I looked for it the other day so I could play totem ball, but I can't remember where I put it.
Its in the kitchen cupboard..under the sink behind the box of washing powder....
he-man
Merry Men
Merry Men

Post by he-man »

It's lame I know but I only bought mine so I can do the facemapping on the two Rainbow 6 games :oops: I now use it as a webcam to skype my family in South Africa.

Return to “Members Product Review & Retail Site Review”