sport bike:

There are a lot of guys that put time and money in there ride.
So post up some pictures of your ride.
haeveingridseyn
Peasant
Peasant

sport bike:

Post by haeveingridseyn »

hi friends,

I want to buy the sport bike.
Which should I buy?
Please give your suggestions and reviews here..!!! :)
Thanks..@@
any link to a off site item and is not topic related is "spam"
you will get banned for spam without any warning
read the rules
Found at this link
http://www.robinhoodsplayground.com/for ... p?f=13&t=7

sig edit by CoFree
CoFree
Robinhood
Robinhood

Re: sport bike:

Post by CoFree »

well i would consider this one if i was you
Suzuki Hayabusa GSX1300R
Image :D
"FIGHTING TYRANNY in a TECHNOLOGICAL NOTTINGHAM"
No Questions by PM.
djshauny1
Possible Ally of Robinhood
Possible Ally of Robinhood

Post by djshauny1 »

CoFree wrote:well i would consider this one if i was you
Suzuki Hayabusa GSX1300R
Image :D
Thats a mad bike my uncle had 1 of those. took me on the back of it 4 a ride. Was great
HaGGardSmurf
Ally of Robinhood
Ally of Robinhood

Post by HaGGardSmurf »

Hayabusa's are the fastest production bike, and personally my fav, I dont know much about bikes, but a hayabusa is definitely an awesome bike!
COEBRA
Trusted Member
Trusted Member

Post by COEBRA »

They are big, heavy, and bulky... You have to be a pretty good sized guy to ride one... The lighting on that one is awesome though !!
technoe
Ally of Robinhood
Ally of Robinhood

Post by technoe »

I don't think you could pay me enough to ride that thing, now this is more my style.
Today Money, Tomorrow the WORLD!!
thinisaz
Peasant
Peasant

Post by thinisaz »

theres quite a few factors you havent added, price? performance? buying new?

i love the way that people with no idea about bikes jump onto the 'buy a busa' wagon, its heavy, not really super fast, crap brakes and are rubbish on corners.. you want something to go in fast in a straight line at the drag strip then fine get a busa, turbo it and stick a longer swing arm on it.. just dont expect to go round corners at any pace.

depending on your experience would depend on what i would recommend, if you are a long time rider and got good skills then look into any newer litre bike, 04 onwards will give you enough frills an 05 zx10r puts out about 160bhp and a top speed of 175mph, at a weight of around 170kg, so light, powerful, flickable and a complete animal!!, if you are new to biking take it easy get a 600, an older r6 from about 1998 still puts out over 100bhp and and as good as 160mph, you wouldnt be disapointed in one and if you did put it down the road its a cheaper fix than a brand new bike.
nimda0
Squire
Squire

Post by nimda0 »

I've got a suzuki Gsx-r 1000, and talk about a beautiful bike... man I love that thing. I would highly recommend it to anyone who doesn't have one. It's one of the fastest motorcycles i've ever had the pleasure of riding. I've ridden forever, have many many many years of riding experience, and have honestly been on everything.

I've owned a suzuki katana 600 (first bike), a suzuki gsxr 600 (second bike), a yamaha R1 1000cc (third bike), and now have a suzuki gsxr 1000. I've also ridden a suzuki hayabusa 1300, a new hayabusa (fuel injected), a honda cbr 1000rr, and many harleys. I've ridden literally every type if bike out there except some of the high end stuff (over 25,000 dollars per bike).

Suzuki Katana = slow enough you can learn on it but fast enough that you won't out-grow it in the first 30 days, banana seat, reliable bike, old school technology, not a BAD bike at all but not something you'll have forever.

Suzuki gsxr 600 = fast bike, accelerates hard and quick, snappy throttle response, reliable, won't out-grow it fast at all, 2 piece seat/passenger seat, aggressive riding position, "ok" starter bike but not the best for beginners (500cc or lower are best starter bikes, but a 600cc katana wouldnt hurt)

CBR 600rr = fast bike but slower than a gsxr 600, accelerates hard and quick, great for cornering, not the prettiest bikes (in my opinion), snappy throttle response but less so than the gsxr models, reliable, won't out-grow it fast at all, 2 piece seat/passenger seat BUT they do make a model with a banana seat, aggressive riding position but not as bad as the gsxr, "ok" starter bike but not the best for beginners (500cc or lower are best starter bikes, but a 600cc katana wouldnt hurt)

Kawasaki ZX6r = fast bike, accelerates hard and quick, snappy throttle response, reliable, won't out-grow it fast at all, 2 piece seat/passenger seat, aggressive riding position, corners great, the bike is honestly on-par with the gsxr 600 with the gsxr 600 having the slightest advantage with acceleration and the kawasaki being slightly better with handling/cornering, "ok" starter bike but not the best for beginners (500cc or lower are best starter bikes, but a 600cc katana wouldnt hurt). I'd recommend this bike less than the gsxr 600 and cbr 600rr just because of the extreme riding position for a new rider. They tend to look like the front end is an alien / bug, which is kinda cool looking but also futuristic? Weird...

Yamaha R6 /R6s = The yamaha r6 is another 600cc bike, which has 2 models .... the R6 and the R6s. The R6s hasn't changed in technology or look for like the last 6 years or so? I have no clue why, but they still look like an older motorcycle with a banana seat and a HUGE exhaust can on the right side. I prefer the R6 to the R6s. The R6 has an extreme riding position, where the R6s has a more upright riding position. Contrary to popular belief these motorcycles are not the same at all, they are entirely different in every way from brakes to engine performance to parts to looks. The R6 corners better, looks better, has a more aggressive riding position, brakes better, and is faster than the R6s. It also has a better undertail exhaust system and gets updated yearly. The R6s is slightly slower, and more on-par with the suzuki katana than any other motorcycle out there right now. Parts are more readily available for the R6 than the R6s also... although some parts are swappable without any issues. All in all, the R6 is more like the gsxr 600 and i'd recommend it, but not as much as the katana 600 or ANY 500cc motorcycle to someone new. The R6s, would be a fine starter bike.

For the 750 and mid-range 650cc - 800cc bikes, i would say skip ALL of the other motorcycles out there, don't waste your time, and go straight to the suzuki gsxr 750. It's a great "almost 1000cc" motorcycle, with awesome mid-range torque, acceleration, top speed, breaking, cornering.. etc etc.... all the perks of a 1000cc / liter bike but without the bulk. Faster than a 600, not quite as fast as a 1000.

For the 1000cc bikes, i'll keep that simple as well. The suzuki gsxr 1000 is the best out there right now. The yamaha R1 is a terrific bike, but it gets VERY hot regardless of the time of year, location you live, season, weather, or temperature. This bike will at some point make your leg and nuts feel like they're laying directly on a hot burner. I've ridden numerous yamaha r1's of different years... from 2002, to 2003, to 2007. They are all the same... trust me. It's a well known issue. These motorcyeles handle well but lack that quick acceleration of a gsxr... that's really the bottom line. The cbr 1000rr's are a FANTASTIC handling bike, arguably the best 1000cc bike for cornering.. but are quite the sluggish dog off the line, lacking that quick acceleration... this is why you will never see someone drag racing this motorcycle, ever. The ZX10r and ZX12r are both terrific motorcycles, but unfortunately fall into the same category as the yamaha R1. Excellent handling, they look good, but lack the acceleration of a gsxr 1000 from a dead stop. However, the kawasaki zx10r and 12r both have INSANE mid-range torque which allows them to make up for that missing bottom-end energy. This makes them a fierce competitor to the gsxr's, just not in the 1/4 mile drag.

I feel that it's necessary to comment on the "BUSA". The suzuki hayabusa 1300cc bike is an absolute pig. The bike weighs a TON, and has not much more horsepower than the gsxr 1000... but still has the added weight. It's very bulky and weird to ride at first.... but very comfy. This bike is honestly more like a touring bike from the factory. However, the "busa" is easily modded with a TON of aftermarket parts available. These bikes along with the gsxr 1000 are the typical choice for drag racing, but not for cornering... let's face it, they just werent built for that. The lower cc gsxr's are more suited for cornering needs... but the 1000cc gsxr will do the trick with no trouble, just not QUITE as good as some of the other liter bikes. Back on topic... the hayabusa has a lot of space for tank bags and such, it has a SICK and CRAZY amount of torque from a dead stop, but let's face it... it's a heavier bike than the gsxr 1000 and has a slightly longer factory wheel base. The increased engine cubic centimeters does not make up for it's increased weight and bulkiness, making it slower than the gsxr 1000 in the 1/4 mile. Because it has a higher cc engine, it is easily able to be modified to go faster though. I personally think the busa is an ugly bike, and no matter what your weight, you'll go faster on a gsxr 1000 than a busa. I promise.

The 500cc bikes are all beginner bikes, so let me just put this out there. If you aren't a beginner, don't get one. If you are a beginner, GO GET ONE. I recommend any of the 250cc, 500cc, or 600cc bikes as beginner bikes... and yes, in that exact order.

Here's the real difference... the bigger cc bikes ride and handle the same as most of your lower cc bikes, honsetly... with slight differences.... so if you can handle a lower cc bike, you can handle a bigger cc bike.... HOWEVER, the real issue is that a larger cc motorcycle will put you into a bad situation a LOT faster than a lower cc bike... due to it's acceleration, added weight, and lack of low-speed handling ability. It's really as simple as that. Make the best decision for yourself based on your skill level... and no matter what.................

TAKE THE MOTORCYCLE MSF - SAFETY COURSE in your local area.... you'll never regret it.

Out of all the bikes i've ridden the gsxr 1000 is the fastest. Mine goes about 9.18seconds in the 1/4 mile with mild modifications (stretched, lowered, air box mod, air filter, full exhaust, shinko softy rear tire, strapped front, power commander usb III, -2 front sprocket +5 rear sprocket, etc etc..).

If you're experienced at riding, It depends on what you're into... do you want straight raw nasty power in a straight line? Do you want cornering ability over all? Do you want a good mix of it all?

Meh who am I kidding, i'm a suzuki guy... so it's Gsxr all the way baby. :geek: Now get a sportbike and never look back.
michelstyris
Peasant
Peasant

Post by michelstyris »

Hi haeveingridseyn,
I think Suzuki Hayabusa GSX1300R. it is a wonderful bike. I like this bike so much. It looks very ultimate. This bike is good for a lowered suspension people. I will go for a test drive in next month.
R4 ds game
Henry18
Peasant
Peasant

Post by Henry18 »

Sport bikes aren't the best choice for beginners, but it's not impossible. You just have to respect the machine and understand what it's capable of. And spend some time OFF the road getting a feel for it, like in an empty parking lot.

As for the bikes, there are a few different kinds. Don't start off on a Hayabusa, which is representative of big, heavy and scary fast. Then you've got your 750 types, which are big, heavy and fairly scary fast, but they're a step down. The 600 class is light and quick - don't let the smaller size fool you into thinking it's tame - it's more like an Arabian than a Thoroughbred, but remember that Arabians founded the Thoroughbred breed!

After that you've got your 250 and your 500's - these might be better suited to a beginner.

I neglected to mention the sport tourers - which you probably don't want, and the naked type, like the SV650. This type too might be ok for a beginner - providing enough speed along with the sport styling, but more like a Quarter Horse than a frisky stallion!

Return to “Car,Bike or boat”