INSTALL CFW ON 3.55 AND ENABLE BACKUP MNGR

ebtank
Possible Ally of Robinhood

INSTALL CFW ON 3.55 AND ENABLE BACKUP MNGR

Post by ebtank »

Ok there has been so much going on with the ps3 I have been setting back and waiting for some stability before I gave you all an update well here it is!!!!!!!!

NOTE:ALL GAMES WILL HAVE TO HAVE THEIR ORIGINAL EBOOT.BIN ANY GAMES THAT U MODIFIED THE EBOOT WILL NOT WORK... ALSO ONCE YOU RESTORE ORIGINAL EBOOT YOU WILL NEED TO DELETE ANY GAME DATA/SAVE DATA ON YOUR PS3.ALL GAMES I HAVE TESTED WORK IF YOU HAVE ANY THAT DO NOT TRY DELETING ANY DATA/SAVES EVEN IF IT WASNT PLAYED WITH A MODIFIED EBOOT

With the latest developments on the PS3 scene, it seems that Wutangrza has finally managed to get backups to run on PS3 fw 3.55 with his CFW (custom firmware). Now to lay out a few ground rules before I go on with this tutorial. Please understand that there are 3 different main CFW floating around right now. They are Geohots, Wutangrza, Waninkoko and kmeaw CFW; feel free to read more about each one and learn about them before contuning with this guide. Please note that the Waninkoko has a high rate of PS3 bricking so it is not recommended, where as the Wutangrza CFW or kmeaw CFW (what this guide will cover), almost no reports of bricked PS3′s have been reported. So if something went wrong, you didn’t follow the directions below.

This guide will teach you how to install kmeaw CFW, how to enable the use of backup managers and play backed up (legal) games/homebrew and connect to PSN. This guide works for almost every other current CFW (minus the files). This guide is for educational purposes only.

Step 0
Download the original PS3 firmware 3.55 YOU CAN CHECK THAT THE FIRMWARE IS LEGIT MY CHECKING THE MD5 WITH THIS TOOL just right click on the .pup and pick send to winMd5Sum
Install-winMd5Sum.exe
Original FW PUP md5 before patching: ca595ad9f3af8f1491d9c9b6921a8c61
Update your PS3 to the original PS3 firmware 3.55 (regardless of what CFW your currently are).

Step 1
In this step we will create the patched custom firmware. You can either make your OWN patched CFW or download a prepatched one. Due to legal reasons we will not link the prepatched PUP in this tutorial, but you are free to “google” it. Just make sure you know the source of the prepatched PUP and the MD5/SHA1 match up. We will show you how to make your own (windows)Download the required the files for CFW here
kmeaw_cfw_lv2.pkg.rar
just ignore the pkg file as it is not needed anymore unless you are having freeze and black screen problems we will get to that at the end of this guide. Extract the kmeaw_cfw_lv2.pkg.rar folder and copy the original PS3 3.55 CFW (PS3UPDAT.PUP) inside the your folder

.Patched PUP md5 after patching: 2be5e87a22bf1e7f48e98fcabd38977b

Open command prompt (Start > CMD)
Navigate to your folder (type in cd C:UsersAdminDirectory to kmeaw_cfw_lv2 folder and press Enter)
Once there, type in the following exactly as shown in red: bspatch PS3UPDAT.PUP PS3CFW.PUP patchfile Let it run and do the patching, then you should now see a “PS3CFW.PUP” folder in your folder.
Delete the original PS3UPDAT.pup and rename “PS3CFW.pup” to PS3UPDAT.pup
You have now created your patched CFW and are now ready to update

Step 2
Time to install the custom firmware. This step is pretty much standard for all/any patched CFW file you may be using. Copy the newly created and renamed PS3UPDAT.PUP to your flash drive (/PS3/UPDATE/PS3UPDAT.PUP). And now update your PS3 firmware as normal via XMB.
Note: If you get a error saying that your already at the latest update and it kicks you out, then you need to update your PS3 CFW via RECOVERY mode. TO boot into recover mode read THIS.Here is how to access it:
1. Turn off Playstation®3.
2. Hold The power button down; The system will turn on and turn off once again.
3. Once the System has been shutdown, re-press you finger until you hear 2 consecutive beeps
4. When you hear the 2 beeps take finger off power button.
5. You will be prompted to plug in your controller via usb and then hit the PS button
6. The Recovery menu will pop up

Now that CFW is installed its time to install a backup manager I recommend and am using Gaia v2.o1 here
Gaia_V2.01.zip
And there you go, you should have backups + PSN now running on your PS3

It seems that some folks are having issues installing and running backups on there Ps3′s due to the bug in PL3 that effects file permissions. Here is what to do to get around the black screen hangs and disc read error if your having this problem (I am not )If your having trouble with black screens and freezes, make sure to run lv2(OMG OMG OMG)the pkg file in the kmeaw_cfw_lvr.pkg.rar from above then run fix permissions found here:
Fix Permissions.zip
Thanks to ps3hax for alot of this info
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
ebtank

Re: READY TO THROW AWAY THOSE DONGLES

Post by ebtank »

Sorry I just updated the post because I left out part of step 1........GOOD NOW
parminder
Ally of Robinhood
Ally of Robinhood

Re: INSTALL CFW ON 3.55 AND ENABLE BACKUP MNGR

Post by parminder »

Updated version of Gaia Manager Added
Geohot 3.60 version spoofer added for a 3.55 cfw. Can be used to run backups which require a 3.60 v firmware installed.

Just extract the files from the zip folder into the root of an external hard drive or a flash drive.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
flashed 16 benQ, 8 Sams25, 3 sam28, 2 hit 0059dj, 2 0047dh 3 0047dj, still stuck on 0078fk, failed 0047dj hardware

Return to “PS3 Tutorials”