Soft mod say again ?

This is the place for you sof mod wii questions.
pluto_00
Trusted Member
Trusted Member

Soft mod say again ?

Post by pluto_00 »

Hi all

I have my wii for a while, I hard modded it with a wasabi V3 and Wii Clip V5, wii system is on 4.1 E

Now the soft modding is really stepping up, i've been reading allot about it, (now understanding is the next step ... )

My first big question is , can I soft mod my wii and leave the chip inside ?

Or do I need to remove the chip first ?

second Q , I bought the new super mario , and it is giving me troubles would a soft mod help out ?
It loads, plays , and then at different times in the game it gives me a message saying an error occured ...

From what I've been reading there is a new security, and hard modded wii's would get troubles with that ...

So I think my chip is giving me a hard time even with originals.
ray
Bandit
Bandit

Re: Soft mod say again ?

Post by ray »

hi,there is a firmware update out for your chip to beat the bca encrytion,just go onto wasabi website and download,i have updated a few wasabi chips and they work perfect with the new mario,go to there download section download the new firmware and the bca fix for the game and follow there instructions,chip modded wii is best this will play all the games with no troubles,and you can update the wii firmware,soft modded wii in my opinion can be hassle,chip modded wii is best...
pluto_00
Trusted Member
Trusted Member

Post by pluto_00 »

ray wrote:hi,there is a firmware update out for your chip to beat the bca encrytion,just go onto wasabi website and download,i have updated a few wasabi chips and they work perfect with the new mario,go to there download section download the new firmware and the bca fix for the game and follow there instructions,chip modded wii is best this will play all the games with no troubles,and you can update the wii firmware,soft modded wii in my opinion can be hassle,chip modded wii is best...
My chip has V3.0 thats the latest FW I think and still it is giving me a hard time, I hope it's not the drive... that is causing trouble, but other games act normal.
sadalius
Robinhood
Robinhood

Post by sadalius »

Its more than likely just the NSMB protection causing the problems with your chip. Most chips should go dormant when they sense that it is an original game instead of a backup. But some do not fully go dormant like they should. If your looking at softmodding, you can leave the chip in with no problem. What you need to do is patch the game. Even if you softmod and use a USB loader with an external HDD you would need to patch the game to remove the protection.

Some modchips are releasing fixes for the NSMB though so you might just have to wait till your mfgr releases one or check to see if they have already.
Sadalius

No questions by PM please

Return to “Soft Mod Questions”