UPDATING MODDED WII

This is the place for you sof mod wii questions.
hotrod44866
Peasant
Peasant

UPDATING MODDED WII

Post by hotrod44866 »

Hello, I have a softmodded wii via twilight hack. I dont like most wii games and use it for emulators. nes snes etc. Anyway I bought a copy of new super mario bros. When I put it in it says a system update is in need. My gut said no so here I am. Is it safe for my softmod to update? I have read that if I update I lose my softmod.is this true? I can d/l the game and play on usb, but I like to support games I like. This is upsetting as I cannot play a store bought game. I have had my wii 3 yrs and have played wii games maybe15 times 2 burnt rest store bought(been awhile though). and now i cant, but can play nes one handed all day long. should I buy another wii for this game and new donkey kong? or should I take the unapproved route. maybe put back to stock and use xbox for emus? any ideas would be great. thanks
outlawgiant1
Peasant
Peasant

Re: UPDATING MODDED WII

Post by outlawgiant1 »

if your wii is softmoded do not update get wiiflow and a usb drive or harddrive it will let you install games to the drive it will run them with out a update needed
hotrod44866
Peasant
Peasant

Post by hotrod44866 »

Thanks for the reply. I started going this route but there are only like five games I think are worth playing, and I beat them. I cant see dedicating a hdd to the wii when I can use it for something else like a MAME etc. Maybe I will just return it to stock. As I have the emulators on xbox. I just cant believe theres not a way to update.
jockavelli
Herald of RHPG
Herald of RHPG

Post by jockavelli »

Hi

There is a way to update but it all depends on what your CURRENT model number is?

If its below 4.1 then it can be done, if 4.1 or over im not so sure as i havent tried it yet.

let me know what your running ie 3.4(e)(u)(J) and i'll see if i can dig up a tutorial for you.
Bringing NEWS & VIEWS to RHPG
CoFree
Robinhood
Robinhood

Post by CoFree »

i just got as call about modding a 4.3u
so ill be having to looking to it also before long
not sure when its going to show up ;)
"FIGHTING TYRANNY in a TECHNOLOGICAL NOTTINGHAM"
No Questions by PM.
hotrod44866
Peasant
Peasant

Post by hotrod44866 »

Sorry, I forgot to mention that. Its 3.4(u).
ebtank
Possible Ally of Robinhood
Possible Ally of Robinhood

Post by ebtank »

just update your wii and install priiloader to block disc updates and that wont happen anymore i am going to upload a program that will update and install all the protection you need along with any extras you choose. NO MATTER HOW MUCH YOU DONT KNOW WITH THIS IF YOU CAN READ YOU CAN DO THIS.....cofree this will make your life easier too :D check it out
ModMii4.4.9.zip
JUST FOLLOW THE DIRECTIONS TO THE ..T :D
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
CoFree
Robinhood
Robinhood

Post by CoFree »

yea
i have picked up all the wii around that i do
been working on them for hours

ill do all this crap
everyone kids will play with them for 15 min
turn it off for the next 6 months

they all have 360 ;)
but
as soon as you take it out of the house
omg you would think they play it 20 hours a day

yes
im installing
piiloader on all of them to stop the updates :D
"FIGHTING TYRANNY in a TECHNOLOGICAL NOTTINGHAM"
No Questions by PM.
hotrod44866
Peasant
Peasant

Post by hotrod44866 »

Thanks everyone this is good to know. I will do this. and cofree you are right my kid doesnt do anything with the wii but when i talk about getting rid of it her little world ends lol. thanks again

Return to “Soft Mod Questions”