Finally got Homebrew Channel, on to HDD Loader

This is the place for you sof mod wii questions.
sadalius
Robinhood
Robinhood

Re: Finally got Homebrew Channel, on to HDD Loader

Post by sadalius »

When I got punch out, I was using cios revision 10 and it worked fine for me. Of course I'm on a NTSC system though. I haven't played mario galaxy to much extent off the HDD though so I can't speak for that game.

Have you looked in gui-fx's settings for possibly forcing the video settings?
Sadalius

No questions by PM please
hyperdrive
Bandit
Bandit

Post by hyperdrive »

Does Gecko Region Free not work?

http://wiibrew.org/wiki/AnyRegion_Changer

I have used this Region Changer to change a Japanese Wii into a PAL English language console successfully.

It was totally in Japanese. Now it plays PAL games no problem, If you dont mind changing back and forth you could give this a try.

CHANGES MADE TO THE CONSOLE AREA SETTING SHOULD ALWAYS BE ACCOMPANIED BY A SYSTEM MENU CHANGE TO THE SAME REGION!
_\*/*\HyperDrive/*\*/_
BobSeager
Ally of Robinhood
Ally of Robinhood

Post by BobSeager »

sadalius wrote:Have you looked in gui-fx's settings for possibly forcing the video settings?
Naw man I didn't even know it had settings. When I launch it brings up the game select screen with all the covers, and the only buttons that seem to do anything are '1' and '2' which scroll through the games in fullscreen mode.

I was looking at the compatibility list (thx Cofree) and it looks like others have had issues with intermittent freezing so blah, not a big deal.
sadalius
Robinhood
Robinhood

Post by sadalius »

When you get to the cover screen, press the home button. You'll have three choices. One of them will be for the config. You have to point at the button and press A+B and then press 1+2 to get into it. Once you get into the settings you can fix it to where you only have to press A+B to get into the settings. I can't remember if there is any video settings or not though.

But if other people are having freezing issues with other region games, that is likely the problem. Although I've not had any problem with freezing. I've only found one game out of my collection that won't work and thats Boogie. I don't play it anyway so I'm not worried about it, but my daughter likes it, so I let her use the backup copy running off the mod chip.
Sadalius

BobSeager
Ally of Robinhood
Ally of Robinhood

Post by BobSeager »

Thanks man I'll check it out. I've got a 16gb flash card laying around that I will try to format and use. Windows doesn't like removable media paritioning but I think I can do it in linux and then set both to active in vista
sadalius
Robinhood
Robinhood

Post by sadalius »

I done mine in Vista using the disk management thing. I didn't have any problems with it. But yeah, you can defo accomplish the same thing in linux though. Like you said, just have to remember to set it to active.
Sadalius

BobSeager
Ally of Robinhood
Ally of Robinhood

Post by BobSeager »

Thanks Hype, I will check it out once I get this thing running more smoothly. You do not have to tell the wii which wads to use once they have been updated do you? I assumed it would select the most recent updates and run those (if it doesn't just overwrite them).

Effin thing still locks up. I am using a different drive, I found a 500gb seagate laying around. Anyhow, it was working great for about 20 min then it froze again playing punch-out. This time the music cut out during a fight with Mr. Sandman and I knew at that point I was screwed. I wonder if the damn thing is overheating because it plays fine for 20 or so minutes, then it will lock up consistently. I should also try a different interface. I need to try a usb powered drive but I don't want to buy one until I am sure that will solve the issue. Damn vista will not recognize two partitions on an sdhc, and WFBS will not recognize an unformatted partition so I can't have a 2gb fat and 14gb unformatted to use with WFBS.

I may try a loader other than GUI-FX and see if that works. I've got USB Loader on my channel screen but it doesn't do anything when I launch it. It just has a black screen that says 'What?' then goes back to the channel screen. I think it might just be for backing up games with the wii drive anyway, I don't know if it can launch them but I have lots and lots of research to do so I'll just let you guys know what comes from it.
sadalius
Robinhood
Robinhood

Post by sadalius »

Crap man. Your having all kinds of bad aren't you? Once you install the WAD for an IOS, CIOS or CMIOS, the selection for it is automatic.

If you want to try a different loader, try using the SD/USB loader 1.5, the one that runs from an SD card. I'm assuming that your using CIOS 36 revision 10, if your using a later one, you might try installing CIOS 38 revision 13B. If you try that one, best I can remember its pretty much automatic once you choose network install, but if it asks which IOS you want to use, select IOS249 and give that a try and see if that clears up some stuff for ya.
Sadalius

Return to “Soft Mod Questions”