Gaming Headset Reviews

This is a area for members to post a product review.
Forum rules
If you would like to post a product review this is the place.
There will be not spam.
This is for a truthful review.Keep it professional.
cainhunpi
Trusted Member
Trusted Member

Gaming Headset Reviews

Post by cainhunpi »

Hei guys, I borrowed a bunch of gaming headsets from my friends so I could do this review.

I have the Tritton Ax Pro. and I love them

OK, so I borrowed the Astro a40 w/ mixamp, a Turtle Beach x4, and a Turtle Beach HPX ( with the a 40 mixamp).

I spend one day using each headset.
Here is what I think.

Astro<X4's<Trittons <axpro< HPX with mixamp.

The Astro a40 is a beautiful headset, 95% plastic, and consist in 1 speaker in each ear which emulates 5.1 surround sound.
The mixamp has many features, including putting two headsets in only one mixamp which allow you to save money if you are playing together with a friend, or family member. Apart from all the customization, the sound quality is not that good.

The Astro A40 deserves: ImageImageImageImageImage

X4's: Turtle Beach headset,it is very easy to set-up and it is Wireless. They don't look so good, They emulate 5.1 surround sound with 1 speaker in each cup. The sound quality is the same as the Astros but the X4's can get MUCH louder.Not a lot of extra features but the wireless really stands up.
The Turtle Beach X4 deserves: ImageImageImageImageImage

Trittons axpro : Tritton Headset, This headset has TRUE 5.1 surround sound with 4 speakers in each cup, it has really good sound quality , it looks really cool, and both the controller and the headset are LED lighted, when you play at night you can actually see the buttons, That is a really cool feature. On the downside this headset has a LOT of wires, But once you set it up you wont have this problem anymore, One more thing that is not that good about this headset is the mic boom, the mic is really fragile if you are not careful you will probably break it. Tritton replaces it for free !

The Tritton Axpro deserves : ImageImageImageImageImage

HPX: Turtle Beach Headset, This is the best headset I tested so far, It has TRUE 5.1 surround sound with 4 speakers in each cup, Best sound quality of all the headsets I've used so far. Easy set-up

The Turtle Beach HPX deserves: ImageImageImageImageImage

If u are a serious gamer buy the HPX, Not a lot of wires, can take with you to a gaming tournament.

I am still waiting for a headset that is as good as the Tritton AxPro of the TB HPX and is wireless, That one will get 5 out of 5 xD

For FPS like call of duty. Trittons and HPX are pretty much the same, but if you sometimes like to hear your Mp3 player with your headset. You will fell that the HPX are better

I know this is not what the forum is about, Just wanted to post it here
Last edited by cainhunpi on Thu Jul 09, 2009 10:43 am, edited 4 times in total.
HaGGardSmurf
Ally of Robinhood
Ally of Robinhood

Re: Gaming Headset Reviews

Post by HaGGardSmurf »

This post should be in the member reviews section: viewforum.php?f=178" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Anyways, I didnt know gaming headsets were this complex... Whats the pricing on these?
cainhunpi
Trusted Member
Trusted Member

Post by cainhunpi »

They are about 180 bucks each.

They really give a good advantage for FPS player.
CoFree
Robinhood
Robinhood

Post by CoFree »

moving this post
To the "New" members product review thread :D

good post man.
"FIGHTING TYRANNY in a TECHNOLOGICAL NOTTINGHAM"
No Questions by PM.
tomjacob
Peasant
Peasant

Post by tomjacob »

Hey,

I had been to the information which you have given and i am please to know that of having such article sharing at our community.Thank you for sharing such information.I was in search of such information.Do share such valuable information in future too.

Thank you!!
cainhunpi
Trusted Member
Trusted Member

Post by cainhunpi »

didnt even remember about this post anymore.

Selling my axpro for 150 bucks. so I can buy a new xbox

Return to “Members Reviews”