Future J-Tag

Only things pertaining to J-Tag
Forum rules
Only post or question about doing J-tag on a 360.
All other post/question will be moved or trashed.
C4pt41n 5k33t
Bandit
Bandit

Future J-Tag

Post by C4pt41n 5k33t »

Ok, so whats up everyone I know I havent been here in a long time and I never really posted that much here either. I'm currently without interwebz so when I get it back I will make sure that I am active from then on. Now for my actual post. I currently have 2 flashed 360's and I was interested in j-tagging one of them. I soon found out that I had updated both of them. =( My objective is now to sell one of my flashed 360's and buy a j-taggable 360. I have a few questions though like what time of motherboard do I need, how big of a nand, and could I hook my 2TB harddrive to it and play my game collection right off of the harddrive? Once I get a j-taggable 360 I will be sure to keep everyone updated on my results. Any input would be highly appreciated. =D
trailz
Board Warrior
Board Warrior

Re: Future J-Tag

Post by trailz »

The jtag hack can be done on any motherboard, but only with specific versions of the kernel. Unfortunately, the latest version cannot be hacked. I'm not sure about ripping them to the hard drive though. Do you mean using the official "Install to hard drive" feature?

I'd like a jtag console, but money is getting kind of tight for me, so I am waiting to see what happens with the 8955 kernels. :(
But there's no sense crying over every mistake,
you just keep on trying 'till you run out of cake.
technoe
Ally of Robinhood
Ally of Robinhood

Post by technoe »

There are endless possibilities when j-tagging a system. The first is obviously playing games from an external hard drive without discs. I've read several posts around the net where people are loading up externals and some are just using their official hdds. I know that initially we were only using the M$ hard drive but now I'm sure there's a way to use other externals.
Today Money, Tomorrow the WORLD!!
C4pt41n 5k33t
Bandit
Bandit

Post by C4pt41n 5k33t »

Hello again, it's been a while since I have posted this thread but I finally tried the good ol J-tag method. Well, here is what happened. I went out and bought a 360 in hopes of it being j-taggable. I got lucky and it had a dash of 7371, so I pulled out the soldering iron and went to town. I had a few problems in the beginning trying to be able to dump my nand with nandpro but after cleaning up a few solder points i managed to get two matching reads identical to each other. I checked the CB version and it was 5761. I was jumping through the roof at this point with excitement. I installed xell successfully and retrieved my cpu key and started to build the image of FreeBoot v0.032. I built it without a problem and put it in my nandpro folder.....then started to write it. It was finished in about 30 minutes so I removed my custom made lpt cable from the back of my computer and tried to see my new j-tag boot up. Things didnt seem to go my way though. =( My glorious j-tag will not power on at all, I have tried the power button, the dvd open button, the controller power on......but it just wont put out. I also tried dumping the nand to see if it is something that is just messing with me but it just says "Could not detect flash controller". My 360 has a falcon motherboard, 7371 dash "before I j-tagged", 5761 CB "exploitable". Please help, I just can't stand the thought of loosing my baby. =(
MrMiscellaneous
Bandit
Bandit

Post by MrMiscellaneous »

I have the same board,but a non-exploitable key. Is the solder point on the ring of light board in the right place? make sure it isnt soldered to two points. Thats all i can think of right now
C4pt41n 5k33t
Bandit
Bandit

Post by C4pt41n 5k33t »

Yes, everything was in the correct place but my nand was pretty much fried. I recovered it by using this command in nandpro: "nandpro.exe lpt: -e16 0 3ff". I then reflashed my backup nand and installed xbreboot. It works like a charm now. =D I can now say I'm officially part of the Jtag community. =)
moonknight
Possible Ally of Robinhood
Possible Ally of Robinhood

Post by moonknight »

Glad to hear you were able to get it back. I am about to try to JTAG my first xbox, just got to make some time, and grab all the files and instructions....
C4pt41n 5k33t
Bandit
Bandit

Post by C4pt41n 5k33t »

Ok, just for future references everyone if you successfully jtag your console and you install Xbreboot/FreeBoot....MAKE SURE YOU HOT GLUE THE SOLDER POINT FOR YOUR JTAG POINTS!!!!!! I just had 2 wires come out of the solder points and one of them wont stick back on it's place so I get e79. My fix in theory is to solder it to a point on the bottom of the motherboard; wish me luck.....to RadioShack I go. =p
trailz
Board Warrior
Board Warrior

Post by trailz »

Why? Is the console really getting hot enough to melt the solder? Maybe they weren't well soldered to begin with?
But there's no sense crying over every mistake,
you just keep on trying 'till you run out of cake.
C4pt41n 5k33t
Bandit
Bandit

Post by C4pt41n 5k33t »

Yes, unfortunetly it does get that hot. And my luck, I get e79 and rrod now so my jtag officially junk. =(

Return to “J-Tag”