Best way to Jtag

Only things pertaining to J-Tag
Forum rules
Only post or question about doing J-tag on a 360.
All other post/question will be moved or trashed.
heyyouguys
Squire
Squire

Best way to Jtag

Post by heyyouguys »

It looks like my flashed 360 (Lite-On DG16D2S 1.6 w/20gig HD) is able to be jtag'd. It has the right kernel (2.0.7371.0) but was rrod repaired by MS on 06-23-2009 per the back sticker.

I have searched for hours trying to find the best way to jtag but am having trouble finding the best tutorial. I am wondering if you guys have any recommendations for tutorials (also could not find one here).

Also would you recommend going with the xecuter nand jtag bundle? Cause i don't know jack about jtagging. I do not mind paying for the ease of use of it, if it is nearly fool proof so to speak.

Soldering is not a problem as i am good at it (installed many wiikey V1 with no issues).

I am looking to play my backups from an ext usb drive. I am NOT looking to play XBL ever (have a non modded 360 for that).

Thanks in advance.
moonknight
Possible Ally of Robinhood

Re: Best way to Jtag

Post by moonknight »

Here are a few links to some tutorials, haven't gotten around to trying it myself yet though. Copy link and replace the xx with tt...

How to jtag:
hxxp://www.se7ensins.com/forums/topic/108432-h ... -nandxell/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

How to unban:
hxxp://www.se7ensins.com/forums/topic/166589-f ... le-jselly/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Hope this helps.
heyyouguys
Squire
Squire

Post by heyyouguys »

Thank you moonknight for the links. To those who have jtag'd their 360, are these the best tutorials to go by?

Also, still wondering about the xecuter jtag/nand.
heyyouguys
Squire
Squire

Post by heyyouguys »

Gentle bump on previous post
heyyouguys
Squire
Squire

Post by heyyouguys »

Well i am all jtag'd with xbreboot on it. Now i have to get the external usb drive set up.

I am not trying to pimp other sites but i thought i would share a site that was very helpful http://tech-modz.net" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; This site is run by Coolshrimp who created the software Jtag Tool. I thought i would post this as RHP doesn't have alot of info on jtagging.
moonknight

Post by moonknight »

Well, finally got around to jtag my xenon, but not having much luck. I get "read of CB version failed" using IHC XBOX 360 nand tool.
Using homemade jtag, connected to a male db25 connection, then to a parallel port cable. The unshielded cable is about 6 inches long, and have tried with and without the 100 ohm resistors. Remade all connections at least twice, have some experience soldering so I don't think that is the problem. Also have verified diodes are installed in the correct direction, stripe towards motherboard. I have also went into my bios and set the lpt port to normal/spp.

Any suggestions?

Return to “J-Tag”