I'm lost with all this xexmenu, jtag stuff - please help!

Only things pertaining to J-Tag
Forum rules
Only post or question about doing J-tag on a 360.
All other post/question will be moved or trashed.
he-man
Merry Men
Merry Men

I'm lost with all this xexmenu, jtag stuff - please help!

Post by he-man »

Hi,

I'm so close to throwing in the towel is not even remotely fun anymore. I googled and youtubed and read and then read some more and are out of patience now.

I'm having trouble playing games from my official hdd and external hdd. The usb hdd is formatted to FAT32 and games (converted using iso2god) are on the hdd. I can see them in xexmenu but can't do anything (or don't know what to do) with them. I've got the same games "intected" to content folder on my official hdd (using xplorer360) and it's the same thing really really.

There are various guides all over the web but none (that I could find) shows how to install the games properly. They just show the games loading off the hdd and that's no good to me, a noob.

Any advice or extremely easy to follow guides that you can point me to?
moonknight
Possible Ally of Robinhood
Possible Ally of Robinhood

Re: I'm lost with all this xexmenu, jtag stuff - please help!

Post by moonknight »

Was in the same situation a few weeks ago...
here is a guide:
http://www.se7ensins.com/forums/topic/1 ... ng-a-jtag/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

I used an alternate dash called freestyle, then used it to copy games to the hard drive (chose yellow y button ). I had already created a folder called "games" on the usb hard drive.

Hope this helps. My xbox already went back to red ring, gotta fix it before I can give more step by step directions.
xtremeflasher
Bandit
Bandit

Post by xtremeflasher »

All GOD Games on demand titles should load through the factory hard drive. If you have xex menu you will install the games through the xex menu option or through a program called wxripper. this program will allow you to extract the files from an iso to the hard drive via PC. you just need to create sub folders in the Game folder in the root of your external hard drive. If you have properly setup you external, you should be able to see the games after you load xex menu. Sorry if it sounds like jibberish but once you figure it out its pretty simple..
he-man
Merry Men
Merry Men

Post by he-man »

moonknight wrote:Was in the same situation a few weeks ago...
here is a guide:
http://www.se7ensins.com/forums/topic/1 ... ng-a-jtag/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

I used an alternate dash called freestyle, then used it to copy games to the hard drive (chose yellow y button ). I had already created a folder called "games" on the usb hard drive.

Hope this helps. My xbox already went back to red ring, gotta fix it before I can give more step by step directions.
Thanks, mate! That's gonna make my life a lot easier. Funny thing is I've been using parts of this guide on se7ensins. The problem is somebody else (on 7sins) copied parts of the guide in their own posts and then I obviously missed the crucial parts.

Thanks again, I'll post back. Unfortunately I'm stuck at work at the moment :twisted:
he-man
Merry Men
Merry Men

Post by he-man »

So far so good....

How do you get Freestyle Dash to show in the Game Library?
he-man
Merry Men
Merry Men

Post by he-man »

All's good now thanks to moonknights link. Got FSD2.0 running and updating just fine :D

Return to “J-Tag”