Finally Jtag'ed a box

Only things pertaining to J-Tag
Forum rules
Only post or question about doing J-tag on a 360.
All other post/question will be moved or trashed.
MrMiscellaneous
Bandit
Bandit

Finally Jtag'ed a box

Post by MrMiscellaneous »

Yeah I finally jtagged an xbox! WOO! Except a few days after I got it working and installed Freestyle dash, I could no longer see the visuals, I could only hear sound. I changed a/v cables, changed t.v.s and it is still not working. It's a xenon so maybe the gpu just finally kicked the bucket. Or maybe the contacts are all messed up, which I doubt. I was wondering if it was from flashing the nand or just the box getting old. Any response would be great :D
HaGGardSmurf
Ally of Robinhood
Ally of Robinhood

Re: Finally Jtag'ed a box

Post by HaGGardSmurf »

Try an xclamp, it wont hurt anything and if it is a gpu error it will likely be temporarily fixed.

My money is on a gpu error.
CoFree
Robinhood
Robinhood

Post by CoFree »

im with haggard on this
xclamp but
if that does fix it
i would not use it that way
i would send it to shootsteel Look Here and let him do a reflow on the gpu so you would have a lasting repair
if you do that make sure you let him know that you are from the playground ;)
"FIGHTING TYRANNY in a TECHNOLOGICAL NOTTINGHAM"
No Questions by PM.
MrMiscellaneous
Bandit
Bandit

Thanks will the replies guys, i'll check it out. One of the cables is missing a few contacts. The other one, OEM, with an hd and sd setting is all weird. I tried it with my unmodded xbox and it gave me lines across the screen for hd and square dots for sd. So i'm gonna try to get a vga to xbox cable and I'll see if that works.
MrMiscellaneous
Bandit
Bandit

UPDATE:

Well at long last I had gotten my jtag to be viewed on screen. Turns out it was really the faulty av cables. The only thing was, was that the xbox was only displayed a few times. There were times where I could see the dashboard and times I could not. It's a xenon and had the x-clamp fix and was getting hot really fast especially with the dvd drive on top of the heatsink. I replaced the thermal paste with some arctic silver and re did the x-clamp fix. My xbox no longer powers on because there is a short somewhere on the board. Hopefully I didnt rip off a piece of the gpu or cpu while cleaning them. When I press the power button on the xbox the power supply light turns red and nothing is powered on. Is there anything that I might do to find the short, because I am pretty sure there is nothing wrong with my power brick? I really hope I dont have to get this thing re-balled as I've spent quite a bit of money on it already.

Return to “J-Tag”