i have a 360 that is jtagable....so....

Only things pertaining to J-Tag
Forum rules
Only post or question about doing J-tag on a 360.
All other post/question will be moved or trashed.
loady
Squire
Squire

i have a 360 that is jtagable....so....

Post by loady »

I have not yet jtagged it, not really had the time..is it worth doing still with the new updates that flashes the drives back to stock firmware ? if i update the dashboard then the jtag is effectively gone ?..wheres the easiest guid to do the jtag if its still worth doing ? i have switch and resistors and i diode or two but not sure of the diode type i have..the rings are damn small on it lol
CoFree
Robinhood
Robinhood

Re: i have a 360 that is jtagable....so....

Post by CoFree »

loady wrote: if i update the dashboard then the jtag is effectively gone ?
that is right
dont do a dash update or the jtag is gone
loady wrote:.the rings are damn small on it lol
if you think the color bands are small wait till you start to solder :D
ive never cared to jtag a console
the way i look at it i have a great pc to play on
all i want the thing to do is play backups
that way i dont have to hand my 6 year or 12 year old a 50.00 game
"FIGHTING TYRANNY in a TECHNOLOGICAL NOTTINGHAM"
No Questions by PM.
loady
Squire
Squire

Post by loady »

soldering not a problem, i can desolder and resolder TSOP chips with ease as i have the correct tools but whats the benefit of a jtag other than the lobbies thing, i dont play online really much, what i would like is a set up like my wii, where i have a hdd with all the games on it without the need to put in my original discs, is this possible with a jtag xbox as what i would like to do is have a seperate partition on the wii hdd for the xbox games, preferably scrubbed if possible as like the wii games..however, if this was possible, i wouldnt be able to play games like la noire because they require the new dash to play correct ? or is there a way round that ?
CoFree
Robinhood
Robinhood

Post by CoFree »

yes a jtag console will let you play from a hd
but so will This
"FIGHTING TYRANNY in a TECHNOLOGICAL NOTTINGHAM"
No Questions by PM.
xtremeflasher
Bandit
Bandit

Post by xtremeflasher »

Jtag will definitely allow you to play games from a hard drive, and in your case thats the primary purpose to have one. Its cheaper then the xkey (which isn't yet available) so isn't an option quite yet. WIth a jtag, you can update the dash however, you can only update the dash through writing the nand which you can do via usb after you complete the jtag. I have done several of these and they arent too bad if you have basic soldering skills and can follow basic direction. solder pads arent like a wii pcb or trying to do an mra hack, If you are not interested in doing the jtag, there is a market for jtag-able consoles. depending on the motherboard type they can go from $50-100 for the console alone.. hope this helps.
loady
Squire
Squire

Post by loady »

Thanks cofree..but for me, less is more and when i say less i mean less money ;)

extremeflasher, thats very useful, i think i will jtag it, i did start to do it once but there were so many different guides and wasnt sure which is the latest easiest method, i already have pin headers soldered to the boardand the switch i need, just wasnt sure about resistor and diodes..is there a comprehensive guide on the easiest method to do it with pictures etc that you know of, i will jtag it then look into getting the latest dash on so i can play LA noire from hdd which is my ultimate goal.

Return to “J-Tag”