normal not to get identical dumps ?

Only things pertaining to J-Tag
Forum rules
Only post or question about doing J-tag on a 360.
All other post/question will be moved or trashed.
loady
Squire
Squire

normal not to get identical dumps ?

Post by loady »

I got NANDpro reading fine, i have done 2 dumps and used total commander to compare, it says 21 differences found, is this normal ?, i have started another dump, i assume i just compare this new one against the first 2 and if i get an identical reading i can use either one of them as my NAND dump ?
loady
Squire
Squire

Re: normal not to get identical dumps ?

Post by loady »

5 dumps now, none of them identical yet, is there an issue ?
xtremeflasher
Bandit
Bandit

Post by xtremeflasher »

this is typical. are you using an lpt cable? if so, its more problematic then the USB method. since you have 5 dumps you can create a good nand from those you have already dumped. i use a program called nand compare. just google it. once you use this program you will have a complete original nand. hope this helps.
loady
Squire
Squire

Post by loady »

thanks again !. I thought it was imperative that i get 2 identical dumps from reading the nand, didnt know i could do that...i read somewhere that the wires being to long can cause this..so i cut them all down to under 30cm..now im getting the 'cant continue' bulls**t from nandpro...have i cut them to short or could it be the break in the wire causing this now...should i replace the wire with whole lengths ? im not going to be able to write anything like this am i ?
loady
Squire
Squire

Post by loady »

got nandcompare, loaded three dumps into it, clicked construct and it said it has made a good dump and saved it..im not satisfied though, i desoldered all the wires from the lpt jtag and board and replaced with wires from an old ethernet cable, it still wont let me dump...it makes no sense, i didnt do anything other than shorten the wire length and now it wont work again..really bugging me, also in this state i wont be able to proceed further :(
xtremeflasher
Bandit
Bandit

Post by xtremeflasher »

I would resolder the cable. ensure that there are no wires touching and you should be ok. you will need it to be able to read before you try to write to the nand. your kinda in a pickle until you get it to dump. I had that problem in the beginning so i just make sure that the connections are well soldered. It never hurts to have nand dumps. also try using a program called jtag tool. that has an all in one reader, freeboot creator and flasher.
loady
Squire
Squire

Post by loady »

i started out on this jtag about a year ago, i started putting pin headers on the jtag points and it go left there, i have been soldering the wires to the headers and in some points i push through a spare rod of resistor wire and soldered to that..it was reading fine, just not identical dumps, then when i cut the wires shorter it stopped dumping, really annoying, a problem also is trying to find a recent guide that incorporates the tool you just mentioned, i have to hotch potch together different info and it can be a little confusing..ill keep hammering on though as always

Return to “J-Tag”