how to update dash for jtag???

Only things pertaining to J-Tag
Forum rules
Only post or question about doing J-tag on a 360.
All other post/question will be moved or trashed.
wackey
Merry Men
Merry Men

how to update dash for jtag???

Post by wackey »

hi everyone...
I want to try the Nand-x...my 360 is at 7357..how can i get it to 7371?
My board is a Xenon
Where can i get that update?

thnx guys
xtremeflasher
Bandit
Bandit

Re: how to update dash for jtag???

Post by xtremeflasher »

Why are you wanting to drop to 7371? you should be able to jtag a 7357. Try this link

http://team-xecuter.com/forums/showthread.php?t=54670

Hope this helps.
xtremeflasher
Bandit
Bandit

Post by xtremeflasher »

wackey
Merry Men
Merry Men

Post by wackey »

Hi everyone...
I just bought the Nand-X jtag all in one kit. I have a Xenon Motherboard with 7357 firmware..I want to jtag it...Can someone please tell me what step by step i need to do this..pics or something.

thnx guys,,really like to do this....
wackey
Merry Men
Merry Men

Post by wackey »

Hi

can someone please help me...
im tring to jtag a xbox360 with 7371 firmware, i got the nand-x all install...i soldered all 4 pieces in for the xenon motherboard, or do i just install the jtag first...please help...i'm getting a error when reading...

NandPro v2.0e by Tiros

Looking for usb interface device
Flash Config: 0x01198010
Block Size: 16KB Block Limits: 0x000000..0x0003FF
File: nand.bin
Reading
Error: 250 reading block 1BC
Error: 250 reading block 1CA

still scanning then closes...don't finish ( commend window closes)

whats the error mean??

please help....
moonknight
Possible Ally of Robinhood

Post by moonknight »

i soldered all 4 pieces in for the xenon motherboard, or do i just install the jtag first
I always install the jtag connections and the read/write connections at the same time.

The two errors reading the blocks might be bad blocks, we can deal with that. You have to get a complete read (several, in fact) before we can proceed though.

Bad blocks means that the physical location on the nand is damaged, and that the information that would be located in those blocks is now written at the end of the program instead. It is "remapped" to the end of the program.

What program are you using to read your nand with? Nandpro using the command prompt, or something like (highly recommended) Jtag Tool by coolshrimp (this auto loads the Nandpro settings, easy GUI, no need to launch command prompt and type, etc)?
wackey
Merry Men
Merry Men

Post by wackey »

moonknight wrote:
i soldered all 4 pieces in for the xenon motherboard, or do i just install the jtag first
I always install the jtag connections and the read/write connections at the same time.

The two errors reading the blocks might be bad blocks, we can deal with that. You have to get a complete read (several, in fact) before we can proceed though.

Bad blocks means that the physical location on the nand is damaged, and that the information that would be located in those blocks is now written at the end of the program instead. It is "remapped" to the end of the program.

What program are you using to read your nand with? Nandpro using the command prompt, or something like (highly recommended) Jtag Tool by coolshrimp (this auto loads the Nandpro settings, easy GUI, no need to launch command prompt and type, etc)?

im using the command....when i try jtag tool..i get the same error

update...when i write Xell...then disconnect usb and turn 360 on,,i get error e79 :(
moonknight

Post by moonknight »

NO! DON'T EVER WRITE TO THE NAND UNTIL YOU HAVE A GOOD DUMP OF YOUR FIRMWARE!!!!!

That being said, since you have a partial dump with no read errors in the first 50 blocks, it is recoverable.
E-79 means you flashed the wrong version of xell or xellous to the nand. Each version of xell is specific to motherboard type and jtag wiring.

Return to “J-Tag”