Swype for Android

sadalius
Robinhood
Robinhood

Swype for Android

Post by sadalius »

If your an android user and do a lot of texting and don't really like the keyboard, you may be in luck. There is an app called "SWYPE". Basically its a replacement keyboard that lets you swype your words instead of tapping letters. For me it's a little hard to explain so go here to look at some videos of how it works. For some, you'll hate it, for the rest you'll love it. I'm one that loves it because I have really big fingers and have trouble tapping letters and getting them right. Even on the HTC Hero which has a bigger keyboard profile that what the iphone or ipod touch has.

This app is available through the market for certain android phones. There are some that it isn't available for officially. But fear not, there is a leaked version out on the net and if you look for it, you'll find it with instructions on how to install it if you want to try it. And it does not require that you have a rooted phone to try either. This wasn't available through conventional means for my Hero, but I can tell you that it works great for me ;)
Sadalius

No questions by PM please
HaGGardSmurf
Ally of Robinhood
Ally of Robinhood

Re: Swype for Android

Post by HaGGardSmurf »

How'd you get it for your hero, my buddy has a hero and thinks this is awesome.
sadalius
Robinhood
Robinhood

Post by sadalius »

I followed the instructions from here: http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=625509" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Says its for the Eris, but it works fine on my 1.5 hero.
Sadalius

technoe
Ally of Robinhood
Ally of Robinhood

Post by technoe »

That's pretty crazy, with the droid it's not much of an issue having a full keyboard is nice.
Today Money, Tomorrow the WORLD!!
silentj
Possible Ally of Robinhood
Possible Ally of Robinhood

Post by silentj »

never thought i would like it but i am getting us to it quick.
thanks sadalius
Take It Like a champ
sadalius
Robinhood
Robinhood

Post by sadalius »

No problem man. It took me a little bit of practice to get used to it too, but now I don't think I could do without it.
Sadalius

Return to “General Information & Questions”