Greatest App Ive Ever Found!

HaGGardSmurf
Ally of Robinhood
Ally of Robinhood

Greatest App Ive Ever Found!

Post by HaGGardSmurf »

Hey guy's last night I was watching videos of android phones, and I watched a video about the new version of my phone, the Desire HD...

Anyways it had mentioned something about DLNA and showed how you can easily stream media from your phone. (With htc's nice little cartoon animation) It got me wondering...

Anyways I had a look in the marketplace and found twonky server mobile. Its probably the coolest thing Ive ever found and used. It's free which is the best part, and it works perfectly. My TV is connected to my network, through ethernet, it saw my phone seconds after I enabled the server, and was able to stream music video's and my pictures.

If your TV is DLNA enabled get this app, hell I might just get rid of my computer, and use my phone as my new desktop PC :P
CoFree
Robinhood
Robinhood

Re: Greatest App Ive Ever Found!

Post by CoFree »

sounds cool as all get out man
"FIGHTING TYRANNY in a TECHNOLOGICAL NOTTINGHAM"
No Questions by PM.
HaGGardSmurf
Ally of Robinhood
Ally of Robinhood

Post by HaGGardSmurf »

If you buy the twonky media application for your PC, it will list your t.v as a device, and you can drag a file onto the icon and it instantly begins playing on your t.v I was amazed.

I usually put movies onto a usb thumb drive, then plug that into my t.v and watch like that, but this is just too cool!
cyantific
Ally of Robinhood
Ally of Robinhood

Post by cyantific »

Pretty cool I'll see if it's available for the droid x.
RHPG, home away from home :)
HaGGardSmurf
Ally of Robinhood
Ally of Robinhood

Post by HaGGardSmurf »

Should be available for the droid x

Found out you can use windows media player to stream media also, if you queue up a video/song whatever you can select 'play to' and play it on your t.v. I can also on my T.V navigate through all my shared media and play things that way.

Return to “General Information & Questions”