Desire Z

dalecheesy
Ally of Robinhood
Ally of Robinhood

Desire Z

Post by dalecheesy »

Just got my son a Desire Z after his xperia x10 went kaput and must say it's a hell of a phone. Should have really kept it for myself as i can't get used to touchscreens as i've been using a Nokia E71 for too long and the keyboard on the Z is funky. The only thing i'm a bit worried about is how long the hinge will hold out for as it's quite a strange design. Nice that it's running 2.2 and seems to handle anything he chucks at it app wise and is exceptionally speedy and responsive. Always been a big fan of Htc so i might keep my eyes open for another one going cheap as i hated my 3gs iphone when i had one due to typing like a dyslexic gorilla with sausage fingers on it. :D
HaGGardSmurf
Ally of Robinhood
Ally of Robinhood

Re: Desire Z

Post by HaGGardSmurf »

I will say one thing, HTC makes amazing slide out phones. The way the desire z slides out is kind of weird, but I bet it'll last. Wonder if the "Z" comes from the way it slides in and out, it probably is...

I had a touch pro, which has a slide out keyboard and it lasted beautifully for 3 years and it still works just fine. HTC makes quite solid phones, I've been a fan for a while.

I somewhat miss my slide out keyboard, I could reply to messages in a couple seconds. Now when I reply to someone I take a second or two to think, how can I say this in as little words as possible?

I wish HTC would update their god damn bluetooth profile so we can actually use bluetooth devices. I've been eyeing up some bluetooth keyboards which about the size of a keyboard on a desire z for example, which you can use on android's iphone etc.. Wii motes, and bluetooth keyboards and other devices dont work with htc phones because they include an old bluetooth profile for HTC sense to work properly.

I love the sleekness of a desire, but would like a physical keyboard. Hopefully they update the bluetooth soon so I can have my cake and eat it soon!
dalecheesy
Ally of Robinhood
Ally of Robinhood

Post by dalecheesy »

Yeah according to the forums it's named the Z for the way the hinge opens. The lil sods been sitting downloading stuff on it and winding me up. New processor seems much faster than the original Desires snapdargon even though it's 800 mhz as opposed to the 1000mhz snapdragon. 45nm seems to have optimised the performance a lot and the fastboot system should be integrated into all the phones. Right time to wallop him over the head with something and pinch it for myself :)
HaGGardSmurf
Ally of Robinhood
Ally of Robinhood

Post by HaGGardSmurf »

dalecheesy wrote:Right time to wallop him over the head with something and pinch it for myself :)
:D :D

Return to “General Information & Questions”