HTC Hero

sadalius
Robinhood
Robinhood

HTC Hero

Post by sadalius »

Anyone heard anything bout this droid phone? Only android phone that my carrier offers and I'm thinking about getting one.
Sadalius

No questions by PM please
commando_lee
Ally of Robinhood
Ally of Robinhood
Location: Up high in the tree looking out for the Sheriff of Nottingham

Re: HTC Hero

Post by commando_lee »

sadalius wrote:Anyone heard anything bout this droid phone? Only android phone that my carrier offers and I'm thinking about getting one.

KLUTSH has an android phone mate,
................................................................RobinHoods Very Own
.......................................Image
I do this for the fun and pleasure in helping people. But this is NOT my job. Post up on the boards with your question and some body will help you dont use the PM system.
HaGGardSmurf
Ally of Robinhood
Ally of Robinhood

Post by HaGGardSmurf »

What OS does it run? I know most HTC's run windows mobile, and some have touch flow 3d to theme over the ugly windows mobile theme.

If its got windows mobile on it, i'd stay away. Ive used 3 different HTC phones with windows mobile on them, and they all are slow.
sadalius
Robinhood
Robinhood

Post by sadalius »

It runs a custom android 1.5 os from what I understand. Along with the HTC sense. Here is a link: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/HTC_Hero" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Sadalius

sccrbrandon4788
Possible Ally of Robinhood
Possible Ally of Robinhood

Post by sccrbrandon4788 »

I have a friend that has a Hero and he seems to really like it. The android OS is really customizable and has a lot of apps and other hacks you can do if you like all that jazz.
adultswiivi
Merry Men
Merry Men

Post by adultswiivi »

i have this phone. just got it a week ago. i do like the phone. its deffinetly better than the samsung instinct i had. But at times it feels unresposive and slow. Like its not fast enough. But its alright. you can scroll left and right LOTS of pages with the sense UI and tons of apps.
*** edit *** I FORGOT TO MENTION THAT THE BATTERY DIES IN ABOUT 3 HOURS. " I HAVE AN APP THAT TURN OFF DATA STUFF AND WHOLE BUNCH OF OTHER FEATURES AND MAKES OTHER THINGS HAVE A LONGER TIMEOUT AND IT DIES IN ABOUT 4 / 5 HRS. IDLING."

I am thinking about returning it for the samsung moment tho.
I want and iphone but my bill is already 160 a month with sprint for the unlimited data plans with 2 lines. with at&t after tax its over 200$ a month and not to mention there is no insurance on iphones so if you break / lose it you have to pay full price to replace it.
sadalius
Robinhood
Robinhood

Post by sadalius »

Well, what attracts me to this phone is first, its a droid phone. Second, I can get it for next to nothing on a contract. I'll have so many days to return it if I don't like it, so I can't see me going wrong with just trying it. It sounds like most thats had experience with it is kinda mixed, so I'll be scrutinizing it once I get it ;) Thanks for all the input guys!!
Sadalius

sean.rowe94
Peasant
Peasant

Post by sean.rowe94 »

I have thought about buying one also, but the price seems steep in my area the country.
adultswiivi
Merry Men
Merry Men

Post by adultswiivi »

mine cost 302$ with tax but i have a 100$ rebate coming in the mail. plus i had to renew my 2yr contract
sadalius
Robinhood
Robinhood

Post by sadalius »

Mine will be costing 1 cent, on a 2 year contract. Like I said, next to nothing ;)
Sadalius

adultswiivi
Merry Men
Merry Men

Post by adultswiivi »

must be nice.
how did you manage to get that deal?
sean.rowe94
Peasant
Peasant

Post by sean.rowe94 »

man that really is cheap, I live in Ky and no one has it for under 100.00. And if they do carry it they don't have it in stock.
HaGGardSmurf
Ally of Robinhood
Ally of Robinhood

Post by HaGGardSmurf »

Ive got my last 2 HTC phones free ;)
sadalius
Robinhood
Robinhood

Post by sadalius »

The company that I work for is partners with my cell provider. They had a sale on black friday and they had a lot of phones on sale for 1 cent. Including the HTC, blackberry flip, LG volt, spyder II, and a bunch more. The sale started at 4 am that morning. So to let the employees take advantage of it, they are letting us come in on a different day to either renew our contracts or get new ones.
Sadalius

adultswiivi
Merry Men
Merry Men

Post by adultswiivi »

sweet deal. only thing sprint does for me is 10% off my bill cuz i belong to a credit union LOL

my father inlaw gets 30% off cuz he works for the city.

pffft wish i could get a penny phone or 30% off

:twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil:

Return to “General Information & Questions”