Verizon iPhone Unimpressive in First-Week Sales

CoFree
Robinhood
Robinhood

Post by CoFree »

Barely outsells AT&T in small store sample, moves 550K in online pre-orders

According to a confidential Boy Genius Report source, first-week Verizon iPhone sales failed to perform at the level many analysts had expected, and Verizon had hoped.

The source provided sales figures from five combined Apple stores (two of which are described as "very, very prominent Apple stores") over the first five days the iPhone 4 was available at for Verizon.

Thursday: Verizon = 909, AT&T = 539
Friday: Verizon = 916, AT&T = 680
Saturday: Verizon = 660, AT&T = 471
Sunday: Verizon = 796, AT&T = 701
Monday: Verizon = 711, AT&T = 618

These numbers certainly aren't an official unit of total sales. But, ostensibly, they provide an indication of how the Verizon iPhone fared against AT&T. We already know that the launch fell short of expectations.

BGR also reports that online pre-order sales for the Verizon iPhone 4 between Apple and Verizon hit only 550,000 units.

According to BGR, 30 percent of people buying Verizon iPhones were Android users, just over 25 percent were BlackBerry users, and only 14 percent were AT&T iPhone owners. The rest did not say, or didn't have a smartphone or phone before buying the Verizon iPhone.
"FIGHTING TYRANNY in a TECHNOLOGICAL NOTTINGHAM"
No Questions by PM.
RichDomi
Peasant
Peasant

Re: Verizon iPhone Unimpressive in First-Week Sales

Post by RichDomi »

Since they been pushing for Android to compete I feel many like myself are stuck in those contracts, So i am not going to switch to the Iphone until my contract finishes since there is no deal and I would have to pay full price. Also why get the iphone now when they will most likely come out with the iphone 5 which will most likely have ability to connect to the LTE network on verizon as well at At&T. they just going to have to wait for my contract to expire and I would love to have an iphone on my verizon account with unlimited data download.

Return to “Cell phone News”