Tiered Data Plans Headed To Verizon

silentj
Possible Ally of Robinhood

Tiered Data Plans Headed To Verizon

Post by silentj »

We knew that July 7 was going to mark the beginning of something after Verizon extended out the free
4G hotspot promo one more time to the 6th, but what we weren’t 100% sure of was if it would have to do with tiered data. Employees have been
receiving training over the last couple of weeks on a new point-of-sale system along with new account management tools that hinted at family plan
changes, so again, we knew that something was definitely on the horizon, just weren’t sure exactly what. Well, we’ve just received word that tiers
are scheduled to start the day after the promo ends (on the 7th) for new customers and will look something like this…
Data plans:
2GB – $30/month
5GB – $50/month
10GB – $80/month
If you would like to add tethering on to any of those packages, you can purchase 2GB of data at an additional cost of $20 per month.
Data plans w/ tethering:
4GB – $50/month
7GB – $70/month
12GB – $100/month
If you go over your purchased amount of data, it will cost you $10 per 1GB.
Tablet data plans will now go to $30 for 2GB of data as well instead of $20 for 1GB of data that is currently available.

Tiered Data Plans And How Long You Get To Stay Unlimited

What you are seeing above is a Q&A sample that Verizon employees are being trained on which has to do with the new tiered data plans we
first reported on earlier this week. We’ve highlighted a couple of items that you will want to pay close attention to.
The first green box has to do with upgrades and renewals. We’ve made it 100% clear a number of times that even after July 6, existing customers
will be able to keep their unlimited data plans even during an upgrade or renewal. The initial thought was that this could be for an extended period
of time, but according to this screenshot, that has now changed to “at this time.” How should we interpret that? Well, I’m interpreting that as
meaning there are plans to make existing customers convert to tiers at some point, much like they had to do with the New Every 2 deal that was
axed at the beginning of this year. This is just speculation, but I wouldn’t be surprised if Verizon gives existing customers all one last upgrade and
renewal with unlimited data before making them choose a tier.
The second box is for those of you with feature phone lines that have unlimited data - it’s looking like you won’t be so fortunate come July 7 and
thereafter. Even if you have an unlimited plan on a “dumb” phone at this time, it apparently will not carry over to a new smartphone plan should
you upgrade after the 6th. You’ll have to choose a tier if you decide to upgrade to a 3G or 4G smartphone.
Take It Like a champ
CoFree
Robinhood
Robinhood

Re: Tiered Data Plans Headed To Verizon

Post by CoFree »

2gb for 30.00
that is what i pay for unlimited now

what a rip off
version is now #5 on my
can eat shit and die list
#1 M$
#2 comcast
#3 apple
#4 mpaa / riaa
"FIGHTING TYRANNY in a TECHNOLOGICAL NOTTINGHAM"
No Questions by PM.
silentj

Re: Tiered Data Plans Headed To Verizon

Post by silentj »

Verizon is going downhill fast in my book. I see prepaid in my future..
Take It Like a champ

Return to “Cell phone News”