Adobe Flash Player Absent On Galaxy Nexus

silentj
Possible Ally of Robinhood
Possible Ally of Robinhood

Adobe Flash Player Absent On Galaxy Nexus

Post by silentj »

Adobe Flash Player Absent On Galaxy Nexus – Can’t Be Found In The Android Market Either

One (very) lucky Galaxy Nexus owner was surprised today when he found neither hide nor hair of Adobe’s Flash player on his device.
And that’s not all — when he jumped onto the Android Market looking to download the Flash player app, it was completely absent.

So what’s the deal? Well, an app like the Flash player will have to updated in the Android Market to support Android 4.0 before it will
show up on devices running Ice Cream Sandwich. If you’re thinking, “I’m sure Adobe’s on top of it and will be quick to update, right?” Not so fast.

You may remember a little statement Adobe made a few days ago, announcing that they will no longer be focusing on Flash player for mobile
devices, instead, moving onto HTML5. While Adobe did mention that they will continue supporting Flash for mobile with security updates and bug
fixes, hopefully they’ll give it one last go and update to support ICS before development completely ceases.

Oh, and the Galaxy Nexus owner also tried pushing the Gingerbread/Froyo version of Flash player to his device but that wasn’t compatible either.
What do you guys think? Could this put a major damper on the Galaxy Nexus if Flash is no longer supported on the device?
Take It Like a champ
HaGGardSmurf
Ally of Robinhood
Ally of Robinhood

Re: Adobe Flash Player Absent On Galaxy Nexus

Post by HaGGardSmurf »

Flash blows, I had flash 11 on my phone, it was 20MB which took quite a chunk out of my internal memory. I decided to uninstall it and bam my webpages and any app that used internet was like 20x faster.(Went back to flash 9 or something)

If HTML5 is as good as it appears to be I'm glad they are focusing on i instead of crappy flash.

Hell, my flash crashes all the time in chrome and firefox... :? :?
trailz
Board Warrior
Board Warrior

Post by trailz »

Unfortunately, Flash is still going to be relevant for a long time. There is still going to be a ton of legacy content that is not going to be switched over to HTML5. The free alternatives don't work very well on Linux, and I don't think they are even available at all on Android, so yes, not having any Flash support would be a big deal breaker for an Android device.
But there's no sense crying over every mistake,
you just keep on trying 'till you run out of cake.
HaGGardSmurf
Ally of Robinhood
Ally of Robinhood

Post by HaGGardSmurf »

ICS is supposed to get the last revision of mobile flash there is going to be.

Flash as a plugin sucks, mobile or desktop.

Return to “Cell phone News”