thinking of buying a wii,help

The place to ask your question.
bosanci28
Bandit
Bandit

Re: thinking of buying a wii,help

Post by bosanci28 »

here is a site cheaper ,,by $1,95 :D
http://www.foundmy.com/oscom/product_in ... cts_id=264" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; wasabi bundle +free screwdriver,,
and they can solder for you the chip with the clip for easy install ,but i think it'
will be few more wires to solder,,
http://www.foundmy.com/oscom/product_in ... cts_id=271" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; clip
sadalius
Robinhood
Robinhood

Post by sadalius »

If you get the wii-clip wasabi combo, you will have one wire to solder to the circuit board of the dvd drive. Thats the f point wire. They have an install diagram on the wii-clip.com website.
Sadalius

No questions by PM please
bosanci28
Bandit
Bandit

Post by bosanci28 »

i guess this is the simple way ,,to do it ,,for people with not much of soldering experiece,,
thanks,,for your time,,
bosanci28
Bandit
Bandit

Post by bosanci28 »

i was reading ,,some post from may2 that some people have proablems with the newer wii,,-lu567-?(update),,because that what i have,,(viewtopic.php?f=103&t=1603" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;),,i heard that they working with law enforcement...to catch people..?,

when you do the mod how or do i need to update any firmware or just put the disc and play?

amd i was reading a lot ,,if make copy from a game from my friend can they ban you,,if you just play the game?
does it have life play like xbox360?
thanks
CoFree
Robinhood
Robinhood

Post by CoFree »

if you have a wii that starts with those letters and numbers.
Then i would just hold off on modding it for a little while.
at least till there is more info out there on it.

as far as getting banned.
no
ive never heard of anyone you has got banned from the wii channels for a chipped wii.
bosanci28 wrote:if make copy from a game from my friend
you are only allowed to make backups of game YOU own. ;)
but
backing up wii game is not bad as long as you have the right dvd drive installed in your computer for dumping the game iso.
"FIGHTING TYRANNY in a TECHNOLOGICAL NOTTINGHAM"
No Questions by PM.
bosanci28
Bandit
Bandit

Post by bosanci28 »

i still did not buy any modchip,,
still reading everywhere,about the wasabi chip,,but i guess i still going to buy wasabi,,
just waiting little bit,,
i was and exchange the wii with a differrent one "lu5711'' now the traker wii site is not working anymore but i check few days before and it was like the pic above,,gc2-d2c

so ,,maybe will just give it a shot,,and see wht happens
sadalius
Robinhood
Robinhood

Post by sadalius »

lu57xxxxxxx falls into the "possible un-moddable" category. Your best choice of chip for that wii would be an argon, but then you would still have to wait till they release the updated firmware for it. Which also means that you would have to install it into a moddable console to do the update first, then install it into your Wii. A wii-clip for the argon could help in this case.

EDIT: Nevermind about having to have a moddable wii to update an argon. I forgot that the argon is an SPI type chip which means you connect the chip via a connector to the PC to update it.
Sadalius

No questions by PM please

Return to “Beginners”