The place to ask your question.
bosanci28
Bandit
Bandit

how not to brick your wii,,

Post by bosanci28 »

i read ,,a lot of info about "wii"
and my concern was ,,some people had bricked their wii,,
i was readind that you can full brick your wii when you burn all to dvd,you know ,,something to do with the updates ,,on the newer games,,
and maybe someone can post here,a explanation how not to brick the wii,,
so other people can know .

i want to put a wasabi on my system,and now im just scared ,,when i do backups(personal) not to brick the thing.
thanks
sadalius
Robinhood
Robinhood

Re: how not to brick your wii,,

Post by sadalius »

If you play games that are from your region only, there is no danger of bricking from a backup. If you play imports, then there is the possibility of partial bricking. This is because if there is an update on the game, it will want to install. If you allow an update from say a PAL game to install on an NTSC Wii, then you'll have partial bricking. What that means is that there will be some duplicate channels, and the Wii system menu won't work properly. Everything else will work though. The only way to fix a partially bricked Wii is with a system update of the same region.

Now that being said, you have a couple of options here. First and the most obvious is to not play imports. For some, this is not even considered an option and I can understand why so the other option is to use some sort of update blocking software like Wiiur, wiiscrubber or other program that will remove the updates from your game image before you burn it. There will be some updates that will be required, like with SMG, so the best option would be to get those games from your own region.

In all likelihood, you stand a much greater chance of bricking your Wii by installing a modchip than playing backups.

Hope this information helps!!
Sadalius

No questions by PM please
bosanci28
Bandit
Bandit

Post by bosanci28 »

thanks for this info.
so we got to stick to our own region,ok
modchip
-""you stand a much greater chance of bricking your Wii by installing a modchip"" -does this mean you can brick the wii by not doing the right install of the modchip?,i meant like soldering the wires wrong,
but,if you do it right everything should be fine?

i appreciate all your info,,
this is some good info for me and a lot of beginers.
thanks
sadalius
Robinhood
Robinhood

Post by sadalius »

Soldering a modchip onto the circuit board of a Wii's dvd drive is very small work. So, its easy to bridge points or even blow a voltage regulator if you get it too hot. These are things that can happen, not saying they will, just making you aware.
Sadalius

No questions by PM please

Return to “Beginners”