Wiikey

The place to ask your question.
fozzy1970
Bandit
Bandit

Wiikey

Post by fozzy1970 »

Hi all, Just purchased a wii for the wife :roll: . Have always been into 360's so the wii is alien to me :? . With regards to modchips, would the newest version of wiikey be compatiable with all chips up till now or just the newest ones? I am going to open it up to see what version of chip is inside though, would anyone recommend a modchip other than the wiikey? Any help or info on this subject would be much appreciated.
Fozzy
MsK
Ally of Robinhood
Ally of Robinhood

Re: Wiikey

Post by MsK »

isn't there a softmod for this now?? sorry, I don't know much about the wii's but I have seen some info on a softmod.
CoFree
Robinhood
Robinhood

Post by CoFree »

i would not get a wiikey.

the best chip going right now as far as i know is the wasabi
http://www.wasabi.net.cn/product.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
i am running a wiikey or two.
but
if i was doing a new one it would be a wasabi

as far as i know the soft mod is not 100% right now.
the mighty "sadalius" may have more on his.
"FIGHTING TYRANNY in a TECHNOLOGICAL NOTTINGHAM"
No Questions by PM.
sadalius
Robinhood
Robinhood

Post by sadalius »

Since I am the mighty Sadalius, let's just see what the oracle says.

There are just a few devs in the wii scene to be honest. Marcan and Bushing are considered to be the top ones. Enter their, now not so, good buddy who they didn't mind sharing most all their hardwork with, Waninkoko. Waninkoko took a lot of Marcans and bushings code and implement it with his work. He would give credit, but lots was considered unsafe by marcan and bushing.

Waninkoko was believed to be going to release a softmod based again off the duo's work, and again was considered to be unsafe. So much unsafe infact that bushing posted an open request for a Nintendo engineer to contact him for information in regards to the exploit in an effort to keep Waninkoko's softmod from being released. It is not publicly known if bushing was contacted by Nintendo, but waninkoko never released the softmod after the nintendo invite, and the duo has sworn to not share anymore information with waninkoko.

So, long story short, the oracle says, "No softmod is available for the Wii as of yet."

Sorry for the long explanation.....
Sadalius

No questions by PM please
pluto_00
Trusted Member
Trusted Member

Post by pluto_00 »

I have a wasabi V2 inside and works all great covers all the wii systems

You normally don't have to open up you wii to see what chip it has, you can check that with the serials of your console
http://wiitracker.nintendo-scene.com/search.php

You can also get a wii-clip for your chip very easy to solder and even more easy to install the chip
http://www.wii-clip.com/
Wasabi V2 needs wii-clip V5
Wasabi 2 needs wii-clip V10

Maybe if ya look around you can already find them pre- solderd. The wasabi only needs one more wire then solderd to the console thats the F-point
CoFree
Robinhood
Robinhood

Post by CoFree »

sadalius wrote:let's just see what the oracle says.
:lol: :lol: :lol:
No Questions by PM.
fozzy1970
Bandit
Bandit

Post by fozzy1970 »

Thanks for your info guys, should have a proper chance to have a good look for a chip over the weekend. I like the idea of the clip, i am pretty good at soldering so would like to try it myself. Will be sure to let you know which chip i get and how the install goes.
Thanks again
Fozzy ;)
CoFree
Robinhood
Robinhood

Post by CoFree »

that would be cool
let us know how it goes.
No Questions by PM.
pluto_00
Trusted Member
Trusted Member

Post by pluto_00 »

fozzy1970 wrote:Thanks for your info guys, should have a proper chance to have a good look for a chip over the weekend. I like the idea of the clip, i am pretty good at soldering so would like to try it myself. Will be sure to let you know which chip i get and how the install goes.
Thanks again
Fozzy ;)
Good luck

The clip is a good thing keeps the chip in place and is easyer to solder.
sadalius
Robinhood
Robinhood

Post by sadalius »

As far as chips go, I like the wasabi v2. It seems to be pretty stable. I believe it to be compatible with all current Wii versions too. I have heard of people having problems with the clips though, so if you go that route, take it easy on soldering so if it doesn't work, you can take the chip off the clip pretty easy and install it straight to the drive board.
Sadalius

No questions by PM please
pluto_00
Trusted Member
Trusted Member

Post by pluto_00 »

sadalius wrote:As far as chips go, I like the wasabi v2. It seems to be pretty stable. I believe it to be compatible with all current Wii versions too. I have heard of people having problems with the clips though, so if you go that route, take it easy on soldering so if it doesn't work, you can take the chip off the clip pretty easy and install it straight to the drive board.
There have been reports of fake clips

if ya have a steady hand and some soldering experience and good equipment tere should be no problem.

BUt like tou say you can always desolder the clip and install only the chip

Return to “Beginners”