Disaster: Day of Crisis

Let us know what you think about the game your playing now.
BobSeager
Ally of Robinhood
Ally of Robinhood

Disaster: Day of Crisis

Post by BobSeager »

I've been a big fan of 'disaster' games ever since I played the relatively unknown Disaster Report on ps2. I still want to play Raw Danger (Disaster Report's sequel), a local store has a copy of it in stock which is surprising because it's gotta be rare, but I don't want to buy a ps2 in order to play it.

You are faced with numerous apocolyptic scenarios from which you must escape. Collapsing buildings, volcanoes, flooding. Think The Day After Tomorrow, except fun and entertaining.

onyxx
Squire
Squire

Re: Disaster: Day of Crisis

Post by onyxx »

so is this another port, not that it would matter to me i never played the original. it does look interesting though.
BobSeager
Ally of Robinhood
Ally of Robinhood

Post by BobSeager »

It's not really a port any more than I would call Mortal Kombat a port of Street Fighter...just the same theme ;)

I've played through better than 3/4 of it now and it's a bit more action-oriented than Disaster Report, for instance there are quite a bit of FPS segments that kinda suck...you string together 5 headshots and the guy finally dies...but I haven't had as much fun in a game recently as I had on the Tsunami stage where the wave is crashing over the bridge and you're driving like mad to outrun it.
onyxx
Squire
Squire

Post by onyxx »

North America has yet to see a release date for this. :cry:
BobSeager
Ally of Robinhood
Ally of Robinhood

Post by BobSeager »

lol you gotta go region-free man! ;)