Speaker Emblems and hidden buffs

You will find stuff that could help in your game play.
CoFree
Robinhood
Robinhood

Post by CoFree »

Keep in mind guys this is a work in progress

Edit to make it a little easier.
CoFree

Emblems:
Blessing of IV - Higher drop chance from enemies on Mars (Cabal)
Blessing of the Ancients - Higher drop chance from Majors or Ultras
Blessing of the Gifted - Higher drop rate/cryptarch conversion chance
Blessing of the Joined - Higher drop chance when in a group
Blessing of the Knight - Higher drop chance from Hive
Blessing of the Sentinel - Higher drop chance from Vex
Blessing of the Skeptic - Higher loot chance on end game rolls
Blessing of the Speaker - Higher drop chance the higher Light level you are
Blessing of the Unmade - Chance for more drops from chests
Blessing of the Watcher - Higher chance of loot from end game rolls and chests
Blessing of the Zealot - Higher drop chance from The Fallen
Blessing of Worlds - Chance of more materials looted

This is now a full community test with Reddit, GameFAQ and the Bungie Forum communities, I think we are on to something here.
The emblems the speaker sells may contain hidden buffs and these are the approximations of what we think they do after a bunch of testing and positive results. however, this could be a wild goose chase... so BUYER BEWARE

Glimmer edited out, this has been undeniably proven to be Grimoire and crit spot bonuses, so when you have a consumable for extra Glimmer... make sure to shoot crit spots. Thanks to all the people who tried and tested this out.
Also, Materials in game are going to be tricky to test, knowing that the grimoire buffs your collection potential after looting so many materials. this could also heavily be grimoire related and will be removed as a potential buff if proven beyond a shadow of a doubt like glimmer was. Thank you for your rigorous testing!

Blessing of IV
Higher drop chance from enemies on Mars, Specifically Cabal
Changed to reflect the most reported community finding
Blessing of the Ancients
Higher drop chance from majors or ultras (Fallen have been reported to drop more loot with this equipped)

Blessing of the Gifted
Higher drop rate/cryptarch conversion chance
I have gotten many confirmations as well as a few No Go's on this, Could be RNGesus more than the emblem.
Lots of players have reported increased heavy and special ammo drops from this as well.
Additionally, PVP rolls have also been reported to have given extra rolls up to 4 on a single match, similar effect to Skeptic

Blessing of the Joined
Higher drop chance when in a group
I have had about 7 people report this to be true, haven't had a bad one yet, It is theorized by few that this also increase your gear chance when grouped for end game rolls on strikes,

Blessing of the Knight
Higher drop chance from Hive
I have had no reports on this emblem having any effect, could be that no one has tried, please let me know if you have

Blessing of the Sentinel
Higher drop chance from Vex
I have had positive and negative confirmations about this, it's about even so my theorized effect maybe wrong here.

Blessing of the Skeptic
Higher loot chance on end game rolls
I have had more positive reports with the Skeptic being used at the Cryptarch than used in end game rolls. I have had a few reports of end game rolls have extra rolls when equipped, up to 4 rolls. May have the same effect as The Gifted?

Blessing of the Speaker
Higher drop chance the higher light level you are
No confirmation on this yet, more testing needed

Blessing of the Unmade
Chance for more drops from chests
I have had way more reports of more greens/blues being looted from chests with this so for now i am changing the theorized buff to reflect community findings.
(changed from more materials on dismantling)

Blessing of the Watcher
Higher chance of loot from end game rolls and chests
I am also changing this one's theorized effect to reflect community findings.
(changed from chance of more drops when using your super)

Blessing of the Zealot
Higher drop chance from The Fallen
I have had confirmations that this does exactly this, however, i also have had reports that it increases drops on majors and ultras for all enemy races. More testing needed

Blessing of Worlds
Chance of more materials looted in game
I have had positive and negative reports about this as well. The positive reports say that materials from chests seem to have increased by at least 1 material per chest on average. I have also had confirmations that this is really effected by your Grimoire which totally could be true since it is an in game grimoire bonus. This needs more testing on accounts with little to no Grimoire score just to have a baseline test.

Edit 1: Right now most of this is Theory but i have tested Blessing of the Gifted myself and my drop rates definitely increased, not to mention 2 out of 10 legendary engrams have turned exotic for me. This post is more of a recruitment. I need help proving these. but my friends and i have definitely tested Gifted and IV with positive results. Please post if you can confirm that you experience gains in loot/glimmer/rep/exp with any of these equipped.
Thanks for your assistance in advance!

Edit 2: So, after a few comments I'd figure I need to explain my thought process behind this a bit more.
Motes of Light: a rare currency that is used to purchase legendary and exotic items from select vendors, so why would emblems specifically called Blessings cost Motes vs. the rest of the vendors requiring rep lvl and glimmer? Well a blessing suggests that it could have a buff (however hidden from us) attached to it and the additional expense of motes implies that these emblems are worth more, but why would they be worth more if they didn't have some effect? Maybe it is coincidence, and we are digging to far into it maybe it is legit, but we can't be sure if we don't try in the 1st place right!?
Do the other legendary emblems have effects or is it limited to just the speaker sold ones? I honestly have no clue, It is possible, but on the other side, it is a game based on a ton of randomness, it could just be coincidental.
Finally, it's Bungie and they love putting hidden (almost scavenger hunts) in games in places that we would never expect.
So remember, BUYER BEWARE.

Note 1: i have also had positive reports of users using jade rabbit or other in game legendary emblems and class cosmetics and they are reporting higher drop rates as well. It could be possible that all the emblems have the same effect, it just triggers differently at odd times... or it could be RNGesus... I'm really starting to think that there are effects on emblems/class items, we just don't really know what they influence or how they are triggered.
"FIGHTING TYRANNY in a TECHNOLOGICAL NOTTINGHAM"
No Questions by PM.

Return to “Tips and Tricks”